- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
City Of Detroit Wants To Disinvite Worst Band Ever From Thanksgiving Game
Yesterday, we told you that the NFL tapped Canadian rock band Nickelback to sing at the Lions’ Thanksgiving Day game. We were disappointed in the choice: this is the first Thanksgiving in a long time that that the Lions have mattered, and their matchup with the defending champion Packers is something we’d watch even if we weren’t forced to.
With that said, we were not at all surprised that the NFL chose a generic adult contemporary act to fill its long-crappy Thanksgiving halftime slot. Ever since the Janet Jackson nipple incident, they’ve generally shied away from acts that are in any way controversial (or in any way good).
Luckily, Detroit Rock City isn’t taking this one lying down. A justice-minded citizen named Dennis Guttman has created an online petition to have Nickelback replaced as the game’s halftime act, and so far, he has over 3,000 signatures. And although we really don’t need to include his explanation about why he’s doing this, it’s simply too well-reasoned to ignore.
This game is nationally televised, do we really want the rest of the US to associate Detroit with Nickelback? Detroit is home to so many great musicians and they chose Nickelback?!?!?! Does anyone even like Nickelback?
That’s five question marks right there, but still not enough to express the confusion that this man is undoubtedly feeling. And yes, we’ve signed the petition, mostly as a statement against going with the easy choice for your halftime act. We encourage you to stand up and be counted, as well.
[h/t Shutdown Corner]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts