- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The Rules, Formations, & Positions Of NFL Football
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Colin Kaepernick Is Out-Backing Up Jason Campbell, And It’s Not Even Close
This Monday Night Football game STINKS! Where’s Alex Smith? Where’s Jay Cutler? Where are the Modern Day Monsters of the Midway? Isn’t this Monster Park? Where’s Ron Jaworski? Is he not doing this thing anymore or something? Who are these backups and what have they done with our quarterbacks?
That soliloquy right there should sound mighty familiar if you’re a Bears fan, because you’ve been saying it to yourself all night. In the Monday Night Backup Bowl, Colin Kaepernick and the 49ers defense have owned a decided advantage over Jason Campbell and da Bears in the contest, leading 27-0 as of halfway through the third quarter. Kaepernick’s wonderful backup stats through the first half and change (drumroll please!): 14 for 18, 231 Yards, 2 TD, 0 INT.
Oh dayummm homie, that’s some slick backing up. How’s your counterpart doing? Guys! Bring me the Campbell numb–wait, is this for real? 6 for 14, 69 yards, 1 TD 1 INT, 4 sacks. You can’t credit the whole 49ers team for those sacks by the way, since they were all delivered by one Aldon Smith.
But you can credit them for the beating they’re putting on the Bears in a game that was supposed to be pretty good, regardless of the second-stringers under center. In fact, you could argue the playing field was leveled, in favor of the Bears, without Cutler and Smith, considering Cutler’s propensity to turn the ball over against good defenses who can penetrate his shoddy offensive line and Smith’s knack for protecting the football. But boy oh boy has Kaepernick risen to the occasion. Jason Campbell? Not so much.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Top 10: The Best Title Fights
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Jon Jones Forced to Withdraw from UFC 178