- If Michael Sam Gets Cut By The Rams, Who Will Pick Him Up?
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Buffalo Bills Season Preview
- What Happens To Zac Stacy Without Sam Bradford At QB?
- The 9 Sexiest Tennis Players At The 2014 US Open You've Never Heard Of
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Cowboys Safety Barry Church Misses Training Camp By Chipping Tooth On Jolly Rancher
Cowboys safety Barry Church (pictured, center, No. 42) was laid low by a Jolly Rancher on Monday: the Cowboys safety chipping his tooth on the hard candy and missing training camp due to a resulting emergency root canal.
But then, Marshmallow Peeps came to the rescue and offered Church a season’s supply of the pillowy, chick-shaped confection.
“And so shines a good deed in a weary world.” — Willie Wonka.
“I woke up [Monday] morning and the pain was crazy, so I had to get it taken care of,” Church said.
Church underwent a root canal. The pain of the root canal nearly buckled Church, who had surgery on a torn Achilles last season. He has to go back to the dentist to complete the process on Monday, which will come after a cross-country flight from Canton, Ohio, to California with the Cowboys playing in the Hall of Fame Game.
Church said he will change to softer stuff, like Starburst and Skittles (!), from now on. But that was before … (via Associated Press):
Church, who was knocked out of a training camp practice earlier this week due to a root canal caused by a mishap with a Jolly Rancher hard candy, will gladly accept an offer from the PEEPS company for a season’s worth assortment of marshmallow candies.
“I’ll definitely take the year’s supply of Peeps,” Church said, laughing. “It’s a good candy. I’ll be able to share the wealth with everybody.”
Here is our sweet offer: Since we produce everyone’s favorite combination of sweet colored sugar and fluffy marshmallows, PEEPS Brand would like to provide you with a season’s worth assortment of PEEPS, plenty of soft, marshmallowy goodness that will satisfy your sweet tooth and keep your dental procedures to a minimum. We will send you a wide array of flavors and shapes to carry you and your teammates through the football season.
Considering the toughness of the Cowboys’ defense the past couple of seasons, that sounds about right.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ