- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Cowboys Sign High School Math Teacher As Backup Quarterback
“I want Jon Kitna for Christmas” said no child on Santa’s lap, ever.
After bringing in David Carr, Tyler Thigpen, John Skelton and Caleb Hanie for workouts on Tuesday (according to NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport), the Dallas Cowboys finally settled on Jon Kitna as their third-string quarterback as they headed into the big playoffs-or-bust showdown with Philadelphia on Sunday.
It was a fun game for about 12 hours, but Jason Garrett soon tired of pretending that Tony Romo might not be shut down for the season due to a herniated disc. Actually the Cowboys haven’t officially ruled out Romo, but ESPN’s Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen report that Romo will not play again this season and needs back surgery.
So the search was on for a No. 2 — Tim Tebow was jumped like a red checker — and the Cowboys brought in 41-year-old Kitna. It makes sense in a weird, Jerry Jones kind of way. Kitna last played for the Cowboys in 2011, which was Garrett’s first full year as head coach. He knows the offense, and most of the personnel. He can provide hos own helmet.
Up until the winter break, Kitna had been teaching math at Lincoln High School in Tacoma, WA, where his son is a sophomore on the football team. Pretty good at it too, according to reports. Now he’ll be backing up Kyle Orton, who presumably will start on Sunday against the Eagles.
Winner of that game, of course, claims the NFC East. Loser misses the playoffs.
How did you spend your Christmas vacation?
Jerry Jones giving Cowboys fans Jon Kitna for Christmas sounds about right.
— Peyton's Head (@PeytonsHead) December 25, 2013
Wait. Michael Spurlock lost his job on Christmas Eve so Jon Kitna could backup Kyle Orton? #GoCowboys
— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) December 24, 2013
Kitna? Man, Tim Tebow has to get the message after this, doesn't he?
— Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) December 24, 2013
— Gus Ramsey (@GusRamsey) December 24, 2013
- Filed Under:
- dallas cowboys
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'