- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Arizona Cardinals Season Preview
- Disguised Nick Foles Catches Fantasy Drafters Not Drafting Nick Foles
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
The Michael Crabtree-Richard Sherman Beef Reportedly Started At A Charity Event Last Year
“Who was talking about you?” It’s the Erin Andrews response heard ’round the world, and the question that was on everybody’s mind when Richard Sherman went off during his postgame interview.
“Crabtree! Don’t you open your mouth about the best!”
Did we miss something? What happened there? Was there some jawing during the game (with Sherman, that’s almost a given)? Was this a reference to the Crabtree interview from earlier in the week, when the 49ers WR was asked whether Sherman is the best cornerback in the league and he said “I don’t think so. I don’t know (anything) about the best cornerbacks in the league, I just know teams”?
Apparently the issues with these two date back beyond this week, or even this season. From the Seattle Times:
Sherman has been upset with Crabtree since last summer. Both attended Arizona star receiver Larry Fitzgerald’s charity event. While there, Sherman went to shake Crabtree’s hand, and Crabtree tried to start a fight, according to Sherman’s older brother, Branton.
“I’m going to make a play and embarrass him,” Richard Sherman vowed that day.
Sherman actually “confirmed” that version of the events in an article he wrote, this morning, for MMQB:
It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.
Is that exactly how the altercation went down? Doubtful. But it’s all we have to go on at this point, and it sounds like Sherman really took the supposed snub to heart. Hence the whole “making the game-sealing play” and “embarrassing” Crabtree and then “shouting in Erin Andrews face about it” thing. Now let’s hope a Broncos wide receiver talked during Sherman’s back swing at a celebrity golf game or something. Football is more fun when Richard Sherman is mad about something.
Photo via Getty
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- Claudia Gadelha is UFC's First Strawweight Champ
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?