- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Important News: Jose Canseco To Appear In Movie 'Piranha Sharks'
- The NCAA's Talking Bench Sounds Like A Prison Inmate On The Prowl
- Tim Donaghy Says The NBA Is Rigged, Probably To Get You To Buy His Picks
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Darrelle Revis: Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ QB Mike Glennon Is Napoleon Dynamite
Back in ’88, he could throw a football over them mountains.
[Via The Tampa Tribune] The rookie quarterback has been [sic] nicknamed Napoleon Dynamite for his resemblance to the character . One teammate thought Glennon should have played along with it Wednesday during his first news conference as the starting quarterback.
“I told him, ‘You should have worn the Pedro shirt like on Napoleon Dynamite,’’’ CB Darrelle Revis said. “At first, he was like, ‘What?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, Napoleon Dynamite.’ He was like, ‘Oh, OK.’ He kind of got the joke late.’’
Sure, he looks young and awkward, but the North Carolina State product threw 31 touchdowns in each of his last two seasons, and over 4,000-yards his senior year. There’s a reason the Bucs picked him up with the 73rd overall pick. He’s got a lot of potential, an excellent arm, and superb bow-staff skills.
See what we mean?
— Devin Alvarez (@bucsORgtfo) September 26, 2013
(…you guys wanna see his video?)
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story