- Tigers Outfielder Gets Traded In Middle Of Game, Walks Off To Standing Ovation
- The Top 9 Sports-Related Moments From 'Sharknado 2: The Second One'
- The Xpert Eye: MLB Trade Deadline Special Edition -- Who's Going Where?
- VIDEO: Someone Gave The Robots Their Own World Cup And It's Hilarious
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Darrelle Revis: Tampa Bay Buccaneers’ QB Mike Glennon Is Napoleon Dynamite
Back in ’88, he could throw a football over them mountains.
[Via The Tampa Tribune] The rookie quarterback has been [sic] nicknamed Napoleon Dynamite for his resemblance to the character . One teammate thought Glennon should have played along with it Wednesday during his first news conference as the starting quarterback.
“I told him, ‘You should have worn the Pedro shirt like on Napoleon Dynamite,’’’ CB Darrelle Revis said. “At first, he was like, ‘What?’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, Napoleon Dynamite.’ He was like, ‘Oh, OK.’ He kind of got the joke late.’’
Sure, he looks young and awkward, but the North Carolina State product threw 31 touchdowns in each of his last two seasons, and over 4,000-yards his senior year. There’s a reason the Bucs picked him up with the 73rd overall pick. He’s got a lot of potential, an excellent arm, and superb bow-staff skills.
See what we mean?
— Devin Alvarez (@bucsORgtfo) September 26, 2013
(…you guys wanna see his video?)
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Mark Munoz Scores a Huge New Contract
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles