- Meet Joakim Noah's Father, Who Is Definitely Joakim Noah's Father
- Wichita State Lost The MVC Title Game, According To Their Own Shirts
- A Light At The End Of The Nerd Tunnel: Nate Silver Declares Start Date For FiveThirtyEight Site
- You Know It's Spring Training When Curtis Granderson Rubs Your Butt
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
David Akers Nails A 63-Yard Field Goal Off The Bottom Crossbar To End The Half
The San Francisco 49ers lead the Green Bay Packers 16-7 at the half, due in large part to their Pro Bowl kicker David Akers. His talents were on particular display at the end of the first half, when he attempted a 63-yard field goal as time expired.
The field goal went through the uprights, but not before clanking off the bottom crossbar, shooting straight up into the air, and barely landing on the scoring side of the uprights. The Packers’ Randall Cobb tried to reach up and block the kick from just below the uprights, but it was to no avail.
Akers tied the record for longest NFL field goal ever at 63 yards, and now he finds himself in the company of Jason Elam, Tom Dempsey and Sebastian Janikowski as fellow record holders.
Video via CJ Fogler
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager