- NBA Power Rankings: The Final Regular Season Edition
- NHL Playoff Preview: Who's Gonna Win Each First-Round Matchup?
- Damian Lillard Kicks Off Massive Adidas Deal By Insulting Sports Legends
- Minor League Baseball Team To Offer Frog Legs At Concession Stands This Season
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
David Akers Nails A 63-Yard Field Goal Off The Bottom Crossbar To End The Half
The San Francisco 49ers lead the Green Bay Packers 16-7 at the half, due in large part to their Pro Bowl kicker David Akers. His talents were on particular display at the end of the first half, when he attempted a 63-yard field goal as time expired.
The field goal went through the uprights, but not before clanking off the bottom crossbar, shooting straight up into the air, and barely landing on the scoring side of the uprights. The Packers’ Randall Cobb tried to reach up and block the kick from just below the uprights, but it was to no avail.
Akers tied the record for longest NFL field goal ever at 63 yards, and now he finds himself in the company of Jason Elam, Tom Dempsey and Sebastian Janikowski as fellow record holders.
Video via CJ Fogler
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story