- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Colin Cowherd Goes Off On Callers Over Kobe Bryant, Lakers: 'They're Done'
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- Controversy Over: Colt McCoy Will Start For Washington Next Week If RGIII Can't Go
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
David Akers Nails A 63-Yard Field Goal Off The Bottom Crossbar To End The Half
The San Francisco 49ers lead the Green Bay Packers 16-7 at the half, due in large part to their Pro Bowl kicker David Akers. His talents were on particular display at the end of the first half, when he attempted a 63-yard field goal as time expired.
The field goal went through the uprights, but not before clanking off the bottom crossbar, shooting straight up into the air, and barely landing on the scoring side of the uprights. The Packers’ Randall Cobb tried to reach up and block the kick from just below the uprights, but it was to no avail.
Akers tied the record for longest NFL field goal ever at 63 yards, and now he finds himself in the company of Jason Elam, Tom Dempsey and Sebastian Janikowski as fellow record holders.
Video via CJ Fogler
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts