- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
David Wilson’s Career Deemed All But Over The Day After 4th-Round RB Andre Williams Shines In Preseason Openner
It goes without saying that the future is uncertain. Brett Favre could always come back, so could Roger Clemens, and David Wilson could play another snap in a football game at some point next season. Sure, it’s plausible — but highly unlikely given what we known about human beings at this point.
Asked league source if Giants RB David Wilson's career is over because of latest neck injury. His response: "Most likely."
— Bob Glauber (@BobGlauber) August 4, 2014
After sustaining an injury to his surgically repaired neck during training camp, the first round Virginia Tech product has been shut down by his team (placed on IR) because his career is completely over (unless he wants to risk his life).
#Giants confirm David Wilson has been advised he should no longer play football + if he continues to play he'd risk something more serious
— Art Stapleton (@art_stapleton) August 4, 2014
For Wilson, that’s obviously terrible news — but a silver lining exists for Tom Coughlin, who got a peek at what could be the steal of the draft in 4th-round pick Andre Williams (five carries for 37 yards) and Wilson’s de facto replacement. After leading the nation in rushing at Boston College, the 6’1″, 230-pound back looked like Marshawn Lynch against what is admittedly a weak Buffalo second unit. Still, the pace and menacing size of Williams harkened back to expectations Giants fans had for Ron Dayne at the turn of the century.
His 2013 highlight reel has a real “fuck you” quality to it (runs hard, doesn’t back down). A disrespected back who dropped to the 4th round in a draft with very little running back talent to begin with, expect this guy to play with that all-important chip on his shoulder in the role Wilson has vacated after today’s diagnosis. Oh, and he lead the nation in carries last season, so, ya know, the durability thing.
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- 10 Questions for UFC Fighter Chris Weidman
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Alexander Gustafsson's Trainer: 'We Are Not Happy'