- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
DeAngelo Hall (Half-Jokingly) Offered $2 Million To Get The Real Refs Back
Tack on Redskins corner DeAngelo Hall to the laundry list of NFL personalities that are just about done with the replacement referees. How much would having the real refs back be worth to Hall? Besides the decreased late hits and heightened safety, about $2 million.
Said kind of in jest, Hall thought he and his teammates could scrounge up the cash to save the pension-thirsty refs from the stingy NFL so the game could proceed as it did before this mess. Via USA Today:
“I don’t know what they’re arguing about, but I’ve got a couple mil on it, so let’s try to make it work,” he said Monday at the team’s headquarters. “I’m sure this locker room could party up some cash and try to help the cause out.
“I have never been a part of anything like that before,” he said. “I’ve played a lot of football in my years, and I’ve never been a part of a game that was that chippy. Just so many extracurricular things going on after the play. It’s like, ‘Come on, man, you can get somebody hurt out here.’”
Unfortunately for DeAngelo, his hands are kind of tied. The players are probably the group with the single least amount of leverage in this debacle, which is a shame because they’re essentially the group suffering the most from it. Actually, the best thing the players can do at this point is to lobby their fans to stop watching games. Of course, that will never ever happen, but less viewers means less revenue for the league means more leverage for the refs means we get our refs back means DeAngelo Hall can put his wallet away.
Until then, it might actually be interesting to see if and how players mobilize against the replacements, besides fake threatening to fork over a few mil.
[USA Today, photo via Getty]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts