- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Former Baseball Owner With History Of Racist Remarks Defended By Former Player (Video)
Marge Schott, the late former owner of the Cincinnati Reds, was looked on less than fondly by many, many people. A prime reason: a long line of controversial (to put it mildly) remarks, such as reportedly calling two black players “million dollar niggers” (that was probably her most famous one), as well as, apparently, holding somewhat sympathetic views of Adolf Hitler.
We now know, however, who one of her detractors isn’t: another one of her former players, Deion Sanders. Prime Time was on NFL Network to preview yesterday’s action when talk turned to the Chargers-Bengals game in Cincinnati – the city where, host Rich Eisen noted to Sanders, “you took a lot of Marge Schott’s money.”
Sanders’ reaction to Schott’s name entering the conversation:
“Marge Schott was good to me; y’all leave Marge Schott alone.”
Plenty of people had rather…different dealings with her, it’s safe to say.
[h/t the always-useful RoachRadioTube]
- Shane Mosley Jr. Tastes The Bitterness of Defeat
- CM Punk is Officially Removed From WWE Roster
- Bella Talks Cena Relationship
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt