- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Did NFL Referee Tony Corrente Flop After Getting Bumped By Eagles Offensive Lineman King Dunlap?
King Dunlap is an enormous human being. ESPN lists him at 6-9, 330 lbs. During yesterday’s Giants-Eagles blowout, the game was already well in hand by the third quarter with New York leading 35-7. Emotions were running high, the Giants nervous about their season resting in the hands of the lowly Detroit Lions and the Eagles venting some pent up, 4-12 frustration.
After a play right at the start of the second half, Giants safety Antrel Rolle started whaling on Dunlap, who understandably fought back. It was an uneven fight which involved multiple players and referees, but stability was eventually restored. Dunlap was still fuming, however, and for whatever reason decided to bump referee Tony Corrente. It was a slight bump at best, though it doesn’t take much for Dunlap to nudge an otherwise sturdy human being off of his spot. Except Corrente went tumbling to the ground, flags were thrown and an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty assessed.
But in fairness to Dunlap, we have to ask: did Corrente flop? He does fall rather dramatically, which seems inconsistent with the minimal contact. And Corrente has no reason to flop, being a nonpartisan referee. But flopping’s all the rage these days, so who knows.
- Richard Sherman Drops Millions on Mega Mansion
- Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighters
- Draft Fail: The 10 Most Disappointing NBA Players
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts