- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Did Referees Screw Tim Tebow Out Of His First TD Pass Of The Season? (Video)
Much has been made of Tim Tebow’s fake punt pass to Jets backup linebacker Nick Bellore, mostly because Tim Tebow. But something that nobody is focusing on is the run after the catch, in which Bellore may have scored a touchdown had the referees not incorrectly blown the play dead.
Watch it closely, for a moment. Bellore, anticipating the Colts last man back to take him out low, dives head first above the tackle and rolls on the ground. But then he gets up and continues to run forward, thinking he wasn’t touched, but referee whistles halt his progress and he’s tackled by a defender anyway.
But had the refs not blown the whistle, Bellore would have kept going instead of slowing down, and he might have made his way into the end zone. Which, as it so happens, would have given Tim Tebow his first touchdown of the season.
Now of course it’s impossible to know whether Bellore would have scored, and the evidence indicates that it probably wouldn’t have happened. There’s also a part of us that’s glad it didn’t happen, as the entire New York media would have erupted, taking away from Sanchez’s otherwise
hardly noteworthy stellar performance.
Photo via Getty
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story