- Our NBA Power Rankings: Once Again, Everyone Is Underestimating The Spurs
- U.S. Men Smashed The 4x400 Relay Record, Reportedly Received 'Love' Afterwards
- Minnesota Representative's Racist NBA Tweet Leaves A Big Mess
- Oh ... Oh No. Here's The Helmet An Arena League Team Will Be Wearing This Season
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Did Rex Ryan Try To Draft Russell Wilson?
Deadspin just published a “Why Your Team Sucks” preview of the New York Jets. It’s absolutely worth a read for Drew Magary’s spectacular dumping on the Jets, but I’m most concerned with one little tidbit of the preview, sent in by a reader.
We obviously don’t know if this is true, because it comes from a random Deadspin reader.
I started a conversation with Greg Buttle, former Jets LB and radio broadcaster, at a 4th of July party a few weeks ago. I found out Rex Ryan wanted to take RUSSELL WILSON instead of STEPHEN HILL in the second round of last year’s draft. But hey…That’s why we had Tannenbaum there to overrule him, right?
I emailed email@example.com for comment, and there was no response.
As a Jets fan, I want to cry. I’m guessing the rest of you have to clean up the laugh-induced shit stains on your pants.
Then again, if the Jets drafted Russell Wilson, he would have sat behind Mark Sanchez, gotten a shitty haircut and forever been forgotten as “too small.”
- Filed Under:
- New York Jets
- Trainer Robert Garcia Spills Marcos Maidana secrets
- Marcos Maidana Drops Jaws
- Tyson Fury Returns to the Ring
- Does Ruslan Provodnikov Strike Fear In Juan Manuel Marquez?