- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Mike Ditka Suffered A Stroke On Friday
Mike Ditka, the hall-of-fame tight end, Super Bowl-winning coach, and current ESPN purveyor of Western Pennsylvanian wisdomstuff suffered a minor stroke on Friday while playing cards at his Chicago country club. He’s fine now, but still: scary times for the subject of the best sports-related SNL skit ever.
During a card game on Friday, Ditka noticed his hands were shaking and he was having trouble speaking. He told the Chicago Tribune later that evening that the stroke was “no big deal,” and based on his speedy recovery, it looks like his optimism was well-founded: By Sunday, he was out of the hospital and watching football, and this morning, he did his weekly spot on Mike and Mike.
“I was kind of like driving down the highway of life real fast and I had a flat tire,” Ditka said Monday. “It opens your eyes.”
And yes, that’s a really Ditka thing to say after you’ve had a stroke. Glad he’s okay.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Devon Alexander Ripped and Ready For Showtime
- Top 5 NFL Landing Spots for Alabama Crimson Tide Coach