- Amazingly, Sadly, Fat Lineman Is Now Even Fatter
- Hey Kids! See How Many Mistakes You Can Spot In This Graphic
- Michelle Beadle Thinks Her Relationship With Erin Andrews Is Like Tiger Woods And Sergio Garcia's
- Cincinnati's College Baseball Team Is Bad At Baseball, Legendary At Photobombs
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Mike Ditka Suffered A Stroke On Friday
Mike Ditka, the hall-of-fame tight end, Super Bowl-winning coach, and current ESPN purveyor of Western Pennsylvanian wisdomstuff suffered a minor stroke on Friday while playing cards at his Chicago country club. He’s fine now, but still: scary times for the subject of the best sports-related SNL skit ever.
During a card game on Friday, Ditka noticed his hands were shaking and he was having trouble speaking. He told the Chicago Tribune later that evening that the stroke was “no big deal,” and based on his speedy recovery, it looks like his optimism was well-founded: By Sunday, he was out of the hospital and watching football, and this morning, he did his weekly spot on Mike and Mike.
“I was kind of like driving down the highway of life real fast and I had a flat tire,” Ditka said Monday. “It opens your eyes.”
And yes, that’s a really Ditka thing to say after you’ve had a stroke. Glad he’s okay.
- Boxer Dies Protecting Daughter
- Johnny Manziel's Girlfriend Big Hit on Internet
- Did Lebron Have a Lovechild With This Newscaster?
- Dont'a Hightower Promises to Step Up his Game