- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 Running Backs And Fullbacks
- Johnny Manziel's Nissan Commercial Converted To A Horror Film Trailer
- Check Out Daniela Ospina, Wife Of New Real Madrid Star, James Rodriguez
- Manchester United Unveils New Away Kits, Chevy Logo Still Too Goddamn Big
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Does Cowboys Stadium Use More Energy On Gameday Than Liberia?
Does Dallas Cowboys Stadium use more energy on gameday than the entire country of Liberia? Liberian President Ellen Johnson apparently said this.
Is it true?
Bob Brackett, is an energy analyst at Bernstein Research. Mr. Brackett took issue with Liberian President Ellen Johnson Sirleaf’s statement in Foreign Policy that the heart of Texas football (sorry, Houston Texans) does indeed use more power than the nation of 3.7 million people…
Cowboys Stadium (officially known as AT&T Statium), on the other hand, is the largest air conditioned man cave in the sporting universe. It’s total construction cost – about $1.2 billion – is about half of Liberia’s GDP. Its scoreboard, a 25,000-square-foot LED behemoth, alone cost $40 million. But can it really best an entire nation in power consumption?
The answer was apparently “yes and no.” So, not really.
During moments of peak demand on game day, the 80,000-seat stadium may consume up to 10 megawatts of electricity, Bernstein said. Liberia has the capacity to pump less than a third as much power into its national grid.
But with only eight games played at the stadium during regular season, peak demand levels aren’t reflective of how much electricity the stadium uses over an entire month or year. In other words, Cowboys Stadium might use more electricity than Ms. Sirleaf’s country for a few hours eight days out of the year, but it stands empty for most of the rest of the remainder…
“Liberia consumes an order of magnitude more electricity than Dallas Stadium overall,” Mr. Brackett writes. “But considering 32 teams in the NFL, professional football (not to mention professional sports) beats Liberia.”
Alright, so the NFL uses more energy than Liberia. Hence why there are no Fantasy Liberian Politician leagues that I’m aware of.
- Filed Under:
- dallas cowboys
- San Antonio Spurs' Boris Diaw Crashes Bachelorette Party
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Miller vs Diaz Feud Is Getting Nastier
- Ronda Rousey Ran Over Alexis Davis