- Utah Quarterback Travis Wilson Gets Wrecked Mid-Air And Lands On Head
- NFL Viewing Maps: Broncos At Seahawks, Plus Everything Else
- Lazy Texas A&M Collie Saved From Trampling By Heroic Cadet (Video)
- This One Play Sums Up All Of Saturday's College Football Match-Ups
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Miami Dolphins Sign An Accountant From Utah To Be Their Tight End
Les Brown isn’t just any accountant. He’s a Mormon accountant who hasn’t played football since high school (though he did play some basketball at NAIA Westminster College in Utah). Doesn’t sound like NFL material, huh? He’s also 6’4, can run a 4.43 second 40-yard-dash (on a sprained ankle) and has a ’39 inch vertical leap. So, in the (probable) words of the Dolphins brass: why the hell not?
Brown’s got a pretty wacky story. After leaving Westminster for a finance job in West Palm Beach, he returned to Utah to finish his degree. While working out with his younger brother, a tackle at BYU, Brown met his future trainer Chad Ikei, who convinced him to pursue playing football professionally.
Here’s Brown’s workout video at BYU’s pro day a few weeks ago. Looks like his work with Ikei has paid off, as this looks like no accountant I’ve ever seen. Apologies for the horrendous music — it thankfully cuts out near the two minute mark (via Business Insider):
His 40-time and leap are comparable to that of Robert Griffin III. He looks like he can run routes. And he’s probably some kind of genius compared to most NFL players, considering his academic background. And so, Brown will return to Florida as a member of the Dolphins, having signed a three year deal.
This has been a summer of wacky tight end news. The Jets signed a former Australian rugby player. Rob Gronkowski has Gronk’d his way all over the world this off-season. And now the Dolphins are either already throwing in the towel on their season, or have found a diamond in the finance rough. Either way: weird.
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce