- You're So Vein: Tour de France Rider Posts Leg Selfie, Causes Uproar
- Yet Another Ridiculously Awesome Zlatan Ibrahimović Goal
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- LeBron Can't Even Pick His Own Number Without Controversy
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Donovan McNabb Needs To Pay Up The $5,000 He Still Owes His Former Teammate
Talk about terrible timing. It can’t get much worse for Donovan McNabb, after a story surfaced this weekend implicating the former Vikings QB of stiffing a charity out of $5,000. ‘Tis the season, Donovan.
According to Vikings punter Chris Kluwe, he and McNabb had made a gentlemen’s agreement after the 6-time Pro Bowl QB signed with the Vikings and asked Kluwe, who at the time wore jersey No. 5, to give up the number so that McNabb can proudly make it his own. The deal called for McNabb to mention Kluwe’s band, Tripping Icarus, at least five times in various interviews throughout the season and also asked for him to donate $5,000 to the Kick for a Cure charity. Seemed fair enough. so McNabb agreed. Though, as Kluwe told VikingsUpdate.com, the recently released QB has yet to write a check to the charity as promised.
“[Getting the money] would be the major thing,” Kluwe told VikingsUpdate.com. “Tripping Icarus got the publicity we needed. That was fine, two mentions is more than enough. The $5,000 for Kick for a Cure would definitely be appreciated.”
Phew. It’s good to hear that Tripping Icarus got their much-deserved pub, but now McNabb needs to “man up” and make good on his debt. If not for Klue, Donovan, do it for the kids!
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Warren Sapp Admits to Stiffing Waitress at Bar
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions