- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Eagles May Become Latest NFL Team To Go For Retro Uniform Revival
Philadelphia Eagles president Don Smolenski was on the radio today saying that his team is considering switching back to the old Kelly Green uniforms, which they last used in 1996. Chip Kelly has been known to tinker with a uniform design or two — and since the NFL has rules against the kind of clothing shenanigans he presided over at Oregon, this is about the most he can do.
If the Eagles do return from the Dark Side, they won’t be the first. Among other NFL teams to go retro with their unis in recent years are the 49ers and Jets, and the Rams are considering a uniform overhaul, possibly returning to their blue-and-gold look.
* The Jets ditched their airplane logo in 1998 and returned to the Joe Namath-era football logo adopted in 1968. The unis also returned to the more classic look.
* The 49ers returned to the 1980s-style Joe Montana look when Jim Harbaugh took the reigns in 2011.
Now the Eagles are considering a nod to their past. Smolenski, on 94WIP in Philadelphia:
“We have talked about it and there are some rules with the NFL that provides some restrictions that we’re trying to work through, but that’s going to take some time,” Smolenski told Angelo Cataldi and the 94WIP Morning Show during an in-studio visit on Wednesday. “It’s there, and it’s something that we do talk about, but until some things change at the NFL level it’s going to provide restrictions for us. It is being talked about it, yes.”
So are the Eagles’ Kelly Green unis the best in the history of the NFL (according to Business Insider)? Hardly, IMO. My top 5 are Steelers, Colts, Raiders (white jerseys), Cowboys and blue-and-white Rams.
Oh, and No. 6, let’s go with this:
(Eagles great Chuck Bednarik, circa 1960. Getty Images).
- Filed Under:
- Phjiladelphia Eagles
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- 10 Of The Most Gorgeous Women In Sports Today
- Who Would Be In The MMA Hall of Fame?
- MMA Fans Protest Over Brock Lesnar