- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Either The Replacement Refs Are Trolling Us Hard, Or We’re All Screwed
Ashton Kutcher, when are you just going to jump out and tell us that this was all a joke, that this whole replacement ref thing was just a stunt? I’m sorry if I’m convinced this NFL preseason has been one drawn out episode of Punk’d, but after this watching this clip —the coup de grace of hope for the replacement refs — from tonight’s Patriots/Giants snoozer, you might feel the same.
I don’t even know what’s going on here, but here’s what I think I can tell you with some clarity: the refs, at first, didn’t know how many fouls there were, who committed said fouls, what said fouls were, or how many yards either team was to be penalized. Also, an umpire or line judge was yelling from 0ff-screen at the head ref announcing the penalty, reminding him that both fouls were on the kicking team. Had to be one of the most embarrassing moments for the zebras this summer. And that’s saying something.
We’ve received countless signs telling us to stop holding our breath, but this was the starkest of them all. As long as the replacement refs are employed, and they’ll be here at least through Week 1 of the regular season, they are going to be trouble. For players, fans, and coaches like Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin, whose reactions to the botched call above were pitifully hilarious.
But yeah, this isn’t good.
[Video via CJ Fogler]
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- The 10 Biggest NBA Draft Busts Ever
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun