- Brian Hoyer Is A Ford Bronco; Johnny Manziel Is A 1970's Jaguar. What Would You Choose?
- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- Carmelo Anthony Would Be, Hands Down, The Worst NFL Quarterback Ever
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Either The Replacement Refs Are Trolling Us Hard, Or We’re All Screwed
Ashton Kutcher, when are you just going to jump out and tell us that this was all a joke, that this whole replacement ref thing was just a stunt? I’m sorry if I’m convinced this NFL preseason has been one drawn out episode of Punk’d, but after this watching this clip —the coup de grace of hope for the replacement refs — from tonight’s Patriots/Giants snoozer, you might feel the same.
I don’t even know what’s going on here, but here’s what I think I can tell you with some clarity: the refs, at first, didn’t know how many fouls there were, who committed said fouls, what said fouls were, or how many yards either team was to be penalized. Also, an umpire or line judge was yelling from 0ff-screen at the head ref announcing the penalty, reminding him that both fouls were on the kicking team. Had to be one of the most embarrassing moments for the zebras this summer. And that’s saying something.
We’ve received countless signs telling us to stop holding our breath, but this was the starkest of them all. As long as the replacement refs are employed, and they’ll be here at least through Week 1 of the regular season, they are going to be trouble. For players, fans, and coaches like Bill Belichick and Tom Coughlin, whose reactions to the botched call above were pitifully hilarious.
But yeah, this isn’t good.
[Video via CJ Fogler]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts