- The Daily Yam: Will This Go Down As The Easiest Buzzer-Beater Of All-Time?
- Now Pitching For Florida State ... Kenny Powers
- Here's Drunk Wayne Gretzky, 'Hammered'
- This Is What Happens When You Crowdsource Ideas For A New Mavericks Jersey
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Fight Football: The Bloodiest, Most Violent Sport In The World (Video)
Keeping with the apparent theme of the day (fightin’, lots of fightin’), let’s take a look at the Italian sport that combines elements of football, rugby, and MMA, and is quickly gaining a reputation as the world’s most violent sport: fight football.
According to the league’s official website, fight football is based on an ancient Roman game called “Harpastum,” which was used to train the Roman Empire’s soldiers for battle.
This all sounds very romantic, but in reality, things are much simpler than that: run down the field with the ball, throw it in the goal, and try not to get knocked out along the way.
For a more technical version of the rules, we turned back to the FFL website:
In the FFL the objective is to score goal, however, players are allowed to fight their opponents using several fighting techniques. FFL Rules are manifold, it is only allowed to fight only one against one, it is not allowed to strike when running or towards whom is running, no hitting from the back or on the ground, injuries or KOs can consequence into the elimination of the player.
Translation: lump the guy up good, but not too good, capice?
- Which Super Star Athlete is Kissing Carmen Electra?
- Paddleboarding Adventures with Alex Morgan
- Shocker (Not): Lebron James Majorly Disses Fan
- The 50 Best Butts in Sports