- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Fireman Ed, Who Is “Not A Quitter,” Is
Ed Anzalone, also known as Jets No. 1 cheerleader “Fireman Ed”, is hanging up the pom poms. In a statement released yesterday, Anzalone cited the loss of “respect” among Jets fans as reason for his
quitting retirement. Though he will still attend games, he will no longer lead the “J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!” chant nor sit in the same section. Also, he’s not a quitter who did not quit Twitter.
Here’s the full statement, via Metro:
“On Thanksgiving night, I left the Jets game before halftime. This was the second time in a row I left before there were four zeroes on the clock. We have had much worse teams than this and I never left before. I pride myself in that, because I am not a quitter.
I decided to leave Thursday because the confrontations with other Jets fans have become more common, even though most Jets fans are fantastic.
This is an indication of how society has lost and is continuing to lose respect for one another. The stadium has become divided because of the quarterback controversy as well. The fact that I chose to wear a Mark Sanchez jersey this year and that fans think I am on the payroll — which is an outright lie — have made these confrontations more frequent. Whether it’s in the stands, the bathroom or the parking lot, these confrontations are happening on a consistent basis.
Although I can ‘hold my own,’ I do not want to lose my temper and make a stupid mistake. I have a responsibility to the families and kids that enjoy the game and Fireman Ed.
I have enjoyed my time in chanting the greatest chant in all of sports. I have enjoyed meeting all the wonderful Jets fans around the world and look forward to the day we all can raise the Lombardi Trophy as one and celebrate a world championship down the Canyon of Heroes!
I will always love the Jets because they are in my heart, and I will attend games as usual, just not as Fireman Ed. God bless and, as always, let’s go Jets!”
And we though it couldn’t get any worse than a face full of Brandon Moore’s ass.
- Jim Brown Says Kobe Isn't Black Enough
- Kobe Defends His Massive Extension With The Lakers
- AJ Styles Officially Leaving TNA Wrestling
- Holly Holm's Team Wants Six Figures To Fight Ronda Rousey