- Colbert Addresses Sean Hannity's Belt Whipping Adrian Peterson Defense
- Howard Stern Dude Interrupts Goodell Press Conference: 'Don't Take Me To An Elevator!'
- SNY Host Blasts Jeter As A Clown Fraud For Doing Gatorade Commercial
- The Best Running Backs To Snag Off The Waiver Wire This Week
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Hall Of Famer Andre Reed On Manziel: ‘You’re Not Johnny Football. You’re Johnny Rookie Bitch’
We’re going to let one standout quote steal the thunder of an otherwise outstanding piece in New York Magazine about Jon Bon Jovi’s quest to buy the Buffalo Bills — and Buffalo’s response, which is mainly “Fuck Jon Bon Jovi” — because it’s just that good.
In the article, author Reeves Wiedeman meets up with former Bills star wide receiver and recent Hall of Fame selection Andre Reed to discuss the anti-Bon Jovi movement (the somehow-ridiculously wealthy rock star is reportedly interested in moving the team to Toronto, which would rip out the hearts of many a dedicated Bills fan). They meet in a casino, where Reed goes off on Bon Jovi, but also newly drafted Browns QB Johnny Manziel (emphasis ours):
On a large screen behind the bar, ESPN was broadcasting a tweet from the Cleveland Browns’ jet-setting rookie, Johnny Manziel, referring to [LeBron] James as “my guy.”
“Who the fuck is Johnny Manziel?” Reed asked. “LeBron ain’t your guy! You’re not ‘Johnny Football.’ You’re ‘Johnny Rookie Bitch.’ ” Reed said he didn’t think a blue-collar town like Buffalo, which he thought wears an even truer shade of denim than Cleveland, would stand for Manziel’s antics. “They’d boo that motherfucker outta here,” he said. “The fans would put him in his place.”
Amazing word choice aside, Reed’s point here is that Cleveland may be wearing rose-colored glasses when looking at Manziel’s antics over the last few months. In his opinion, Bills fans wouldn’t be cool with a rookie quarterback spotted rolling up dollar bills in the bathroom and partying in Vegas.
Manziel has since admitted he’s “made mistakes” and now only hangs out at Chipotle, but we’re pretty sure he still thinks of himself as Football, rather than Rookie Bitch. But if Hall of Famers are calling you out like that before the first snap of the first game of your first season, you might want to take notice.
Now go read the rest of this amazing piece on Buffalo’s movement to keep Bon Jovi out of sight and mind. Also, “Wanted Dead or Alive” sucks.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts