- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- Snow Day! Highlights From Around Today's Frozen NFL Venues
- Adrian Peterson Carted Off Field With Appparent Ankle Injury: Will Not Return (UPDATE)
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Former Panthers, Jets Pro Bowler Kris Jenkins Steps In To Defend Paula Deen
To me, Paula Deen’s greatest crime is not that she used the ‘N’ word — it’s that she uses 11 sticks of butter to make one pan of cinnamon rolls. The American Heart Association should have raided her hideout long ago and hauled her away for a number of crimes, including wrapping everything in bacon, even her kids. I got fatter just writing this paragraph.
While her cholesterol-soaked empire crumbles around her (three major sponsors — Home Depot, Wal-Mart and Caesars Entertainment — all severed relations with her today), it should also be known that Deen has her supporters. Among them are four-time Pro Bowl nose tackle Kris Jenkins, who played for the Panthers and Jets before retiring in 2011.
Jenkins appeared on Deen’s show in 2012 and apparently was swept away by her southern-fried charm, with the quote below demonstrating just how powerful comfort food and a soothing manner can be. Jenkins, via Usa Today:
“She graced me with the opportunity to be on her show. While I was there, I had an amazing time, and [an] amazing experience. I saw something there that was a little different from what everyone knows of her…. The lady was a sweetheart to me; [her] making a mistake I’m not going to be the one to make a big deal of it. I got to see her heart and for me, I don’t look at the ‘N word’ as a bad word like that in this year — in 2013. The reason is because I think the ‘N word’ is more a test of my inner strength as to how strong am I to even be bothered by the word or not.”
I guess you can consider that an enlightened approach, if you can untangle the syntax and translate it into English. As for me, I’m not going to claim that I fully know a person just from an afternoon of pinching ravioli dough.
Oh, and they played touch football! I’ll bet that happens at the Deen house all the time –it’s exactly like the Kennedy compound over there.
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- Johnny Manziel's Tattoo with Drake
- Aaron Hernandez Paid $6 Million in Jail