- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- 49ers' Ray McDonald Arrested On Domestic Violence Charges
- This Is Totally Your Year: The 2014-15 Pittsburgh Steelers Season Preview
- Bob Arum: Pacquiao Mayweather Fight Going To Happen In 2015
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Game Of Thrones Author Roasts Jets For Revis Trade
You’ve seen what George R. R. Martin and one dragon can do to Valyria — just think what he can do to the Jets when he’s really mad. Martin is, of course, the author of The Song of Ice and Fire books, on which the HBO series Game of Thrones is based. He’s also a big NFL fan — team of choice, New York Giants — and a fantasy football nut.
But he also likes the Jets, and when they traded cornerback Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers, to Martin it must have been like Jamie Lannister escaping from the Starks. Martin said as much on his blog, This Is Not A Blog:
Only the Jets. They have a pretty good defense and a godawful offense, so what’s their big offseason move? “Hey, let’s get rid of our best player, bring the D down to the same level as the O.” …
Revis is going to Tampa Bay. In return, the Jets get Tampa’s first round draft choice this year (#13 overall, not even a top ten pick) and a conditional fourth round pick next year. Yeah, NEXT YEAR. Yeah, I said FOURTH round. Maybe it becomes a third. Whoop-de-doo.
The Jets, in short, got rooked. Congrats, Tampa Bay GM, you drank our milkshake.
Several things about this bother me.
1. The author of Game of Thrones using the term “Whoop-de-doo”.
2. If Martin is obsessing over the Jets, that means he’s not writing. We do not want to wait five years between books. Get off your blog and get to work.
3. One of my favorite things, Game of Thrones, is dangerously close to touching one of my least favorite things, Tim Tebow.
- Who's The Smartest Fighter in UFC?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World
- Christy Mack, War Machine and Why the Internet Blames Women for Domestic Violence