Got Room For One Last Mock Draft? Because The Champ Just Released His Picks
You may not know the name Jason Boris, but NFL prognosticators sure as hell do — he’s the the highest rated mock draftnik in America. Seriously, last year he accurately predicted all but four of the players going in the first round, correctly matching 11 players to the teams they ended up signing with.
Sure, he’s still not “reliable,” per se, but he’s the best out there right now. Here’s his board as of this second.
1. HOUSTON TEXANS – Jadeveon Clowney (DE, South Carolina)
2. ST. LOUIS RAMS (FROM WASHINGTON) – Jake Matthews (OT, Texas A&M)
3. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS – Sammy Watkins (WR, Clemson)
4. CLEVELAND BROWNS – Greg Robinson (OT, Auburn)
5. OAKLAND RAIDERS – Khalil Mack (OLB, Buffalo)
6. ATLANTA FALCONS – Taylor Lewan (OT, Michigan)
7. TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS – Johnny Manziel (QB, Texas A&M)
8. MINNESOTA VIKINGS – Aaron Donald (DT, Pittsburgh)
9. BUFFALO BILLS – Zack Martin (OT, Notre Dame)
10. DETROIT LIONS – Mike Evans (WR, Texas A&M)
11. TENNESSEE TITANS – Anthony Barr (OLB, UCLA)
12. NEW YORK GIANTS – Eric Ebron (TE, North Carolina)
13. ST. LOUIS RAMS – Darqueze Dennard (CB, Michigan State)
14. CHICAGO BEARS – Calvin Pryor (S, Louisville)
15. PITTSBURGH STEELERS – Justin Gilbert (CB, Oklahoma State)
16. ***TRADE *** SAN FRANCISCO 49′ERS (FROM DALLAS) – Odell Beckham (WR, LSU)
17. BALTIMORE RAVENS – Ha Ha Clinton-Dix (S, Alabama)
18. NEW YORK JETS – Brandin Cooks, (WR, Oregon State)
19. *** TRADE *** DENVER BRONCOS (FROM MIAMI) – Ryan Shazier (LB, Ohio State)
20. ARIZONA CARDINALS – Blake Bortles (QB, Central Florida)
21. GREEN BAY PACKERS – C.J. Mosley (ILB, Alabama)
22. PHILADELPHIA EAGLES – Kyle Fuller (CB, Virginia Tech)
23. KANSAS CITY CHIEFS – Marqise Lee (WR, USC)
24. CINCINNATI BENGALS – Bradley Roby (CB, Ohio State)
25. SAN DIEGO CHARGERS – Jason Verrett (CB, TCU)
26. CLEVELAND BROWNS (FROM INDIANAPOLIS) – Teddy Bridgewater (QB, Louisville)
27. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS – Stanley Jean-Baptiste (CB, Nebraska)
28. CAROLINA PANTHERS – Kelvin Benjamin (WR, Florida State)
29. NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS – Jace Amaro (TE, Texas Tech)
30. *** TRADE *** OAKLAND RAIDERS (FROM DALLAS/FROM SAN FRANCISCO) – Derek Carr (QB, Fresno State)
31. *** TRADE *** MIAMI DOLPHINS (FROM DENVER) – Cyrus Kouandjio (OT, Alabama)
32. SEATTLE SEAHAWKS – Joel Bitonio (OT, Nevada)
Boris goes as far as projecting trades, including a rather bold prediction that the Cowboys — who’ve been known to trade up — trading out of the first round with the 49ers. Though it doesn’t sound like a very plausible scenario, we’ll go out on a limb and say it’d be shrewd of Jerry Jones to dramatically change the way he goes about assembling a football team.
Otherwise, the big surprise here is Jake Matthews going second instead of Auburn’s Greg Robinson and, obviously, Bortles dropping to the Cardinals at 20. Not sure how that’d happen, but then again, the NFL Draft is predictably unpredictable, with the perennially dysfunctional steering the rest of the draft from the top.
One thing’s for sure: At 8PM, we’ll all be able to stop talking about mock drafts for at least a few months. Thank God for that.