- BREAKING: Swimsuit Model Nina Adgal Is Pretty Good At Basketball
- Insults From An Idiot: CNBC's Sports Betting Scam Artist 'Steve Stevens' Won't Stop Sending Us Hilarious And Incoherent Emails
- Roger Federer Could Miss The French Open Due To Paternity Leave
- How To Use 10 Different Machines Without Working Anything Other Than Your Biceps
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Confirmed: ESPN Has A Boner For Tim Tebow
Today, Doug Gottlieb got his ESPN exit interview with Dan Patrick. This is something Patrick — who had his own acrimonious split with the media behemoth he refers to as “The Mothership” — does every time someone leaves the network: he brings them on to hopefully get them to talk shit about it. It’s pretty entertaining.
In any event, Gottlieb didn’t firebomb the place like Bruce Feldman did on his way out, but he did provide a few insights into how ESPN approaches the news cycle. One such insight:
”I was told specifically, you can’t talk enough Tebow,” Gottlieb said. “People can’t get enough of that story, and they kind of stoke the fire.”
Which every person who has ever watched SportsCenter already knew, but it was still fun to hear it come out of a former ESPNer’s mouth. The full interview can be heard here (Gottlieb and Patrick have a pretty entertaining discussion about how ESPN makes its editorial decisions, and also about shilling fattie food products when you’re also shilling P90X). Gottlieb’s new show on CBS Sports Network premieres October 22nd.
- Jessie James and NFL Star in Provocative Shoot
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Pacquiao Actually Enjoyed Beating Tim Bradley
- Paulie Malignaggi Badmouths Manny Pacquiao