- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- The Most Powerful Photo From The Sochi Winter Games
- Meet The World's Most Moronic Douche Bro: This UC Santa Barbara Fan
- Off The Grid: Rule Changes, Video Game Memories And Attempted Improv
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Greg Hardy’s Insane Explanation For Why He Introduced Himself As A ‘Kraken’ From ‘Hogwarts’ On Sunday Night Football
Did you see Greg Hardy’s Sunday Night Football introduction? Here it is, over and over again, for 30 seconds:
Kraken. Hogwarts. With sunglasses.
Why doesn’t everyone do something this wacky for their intro? Probably because nobody is as insane as Greg Hardy. He gave the nuttiest explanation you’ve ever heard to Jonathan Jones of Inside the Panthers yesterday:
“It’s just the Kraken,” Hardy said. “Mystical. It’s where he lives at.”
I told him he may* be mixing his stories. The Kraken is a mythical sea creature and Hogwarts is from a series of J.K Rowling fantasy novels.
“I can do whatever I want,” he said. “I’m the Kraken. If you feel like you can ask the Kraken personally where he goes to school at, and prove me wrong, then I feel like I’ll change it.”
But you went to Ole Miss?
“That’s not where I said I went, though,” Hardy said. “Now, G Hardy went to Ole Miss. That’s mind-blowing right there.”
HUH? I don’t know where to begin with this. I guess he’s sticking with the Kraken story. His knowledge of the Kraken legend is a little suspect (I’m pretty sure the legendary sea monsters don’t appear in “Harry Potter,” and if they did, they wouldn’t actually attend the school) but he no longer thinks of himself as Greg Hardy. Greg Hardy went to Ole Miss. This guy, this thing, this entity lives in the sea and eats boats. Not Drew Brees, though, who lit up the Panthers for 31 points on Sunday. Ouch.
- John Fox The Sixth Head Coach To Lead Two Franchises To Super Bowl
- Will There Ever Be Another Tony Gonzalez?
- Trade Bait: The Fate of Chris Johnson
- 2014 NFL Draft: Top 5 Running Back Prospects