- SPORTSGRID ORIGINAL: The Future Of The Knicks (As Told By An 8-Year-Old)
- Frank Caliendo As Jon Gruden Vs. Jon Gruden In Jon Gruden's QB
- Minor League Hockey Player Gives Stick To Young Fan, Makes World A Better Place
- Doc Ellis Explains The Long, Amazing Legacy Of Cheating In Baseball
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
Greg Hardy’s Insane Explanation For Why He Introduced Himself As A ‘Kraken’ From ‘Hogwarts’ On Sunday Night Football
Did you see Greg Hardy’s Sunday Night Football introduction? Here it is, over and over again, for 30 seconds:
Kraken. Hogwarts. With sunglasses.
Why doesn’t everyone do something this wacky for their intro? Probably because nobody is as insane as Greg Hardy. He gave the nuttiest explanation you’ve ever heard to Jonathan Jones of Inside the Panthers yesterday:
“It’s just the Kraken,” Hardy said. “Mystical. It’s where he lives at.”
I told him he may* be mixing his stories. The Kraken is a mythical sea creature and Hogwarts is from a series of J.K Rowling fantasy novels.
“I can do whatever I want,” he said. “I’m the Kraken. If you feel like you can ask the Kraken personally where he goes to school at, and prove me wrong, then I feel like I’ll change it.”
But you went to Ole Miss?
“That’s not where I said I went, though,” Hardy said. “Now, G Hardy went to Ole Miss. That’s mind-blowing right there.”
HUH? I don’t know where to begin with this. I guess he’s sticking with the Kraken story. His knowledge of the Kraken legend is a little suspect (I’m pretty sure the legendary sea monsters don’t appear in “Harry Potter,” and if they did, they wouldn’t actually attend the school) but he no longer thinks of himself as Greg Hardy. Greg Hardy went to Ole Miss. This guy, this thing, this entity lives in the sea and eats boats. Not Drew Brees, though, who lit up the Panthers for 31 points on Sunday. Ouch.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story