- Injuries to Green, Charles & RGIII Exact Their Toll
- Who Screwed The Jets Harder Yesterday: The Officials, Or The Jets?
- The Crotch-Grab Incident: Jonathan Papelbon Ejected For Adjusting His Cup
- Carmelo Anthony: 'Ain't Nobody' Would Want To Play For The Atlanta Hawks
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Greg Schiano’s Son Gets Six-Week Suspension For Cursing Out Ref In High School Football Game, Greg Schiano Smiles Somewhere
16-year-old Joe Schiano, a 6-0, 170-pound sophomore TE/LB, ran into a bit of trouble when a ref during his game did not notice a late hit call.
Via the Tampa Bay Times:
“According to an incident report from the West Coast Officials Association, which staffed the contest, the ejection occurred with 2:48 to play in the game. After a Berkeley player was whistled for a late hit on a Lennard ball carrier, the following transpired, according to the report from the game official:
As the play was blown dead there was action to my right that I did not see the entire play where a Berkeley player went down. At that time he returned to his feet saying something about did you see that hit? I was still occupied with gathering the info of the late hit out of bounds. At that time he look at me & said ‘What kind of (expletive) call was that?’ At that time the next flag was thrown for his ejection.”
Except that wasn’t the end of it. Schiano will be suspended six weeks for violating the following Florida High School Athletic Association policy:
“Such a suspension results from actions officials deem unsportsmanlike conduct, which can include profanity, striking or threatening a game official, or ‘physical contact with an opponent which is beyond the normal scope of competition.’”
Schiano’s high school, Berkley Prep, is appealing, so we’ll see what happens. Six weeks seems a bit much for a frustrated outburst, but FOOTBALL IS CIVIL.
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- WWE Divas Rosa Mendes and Eva Marie's Sexy Videos!
- KO of the Week: Palomino v Macaco
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson Files for Divorce