- The LFL Continues Its Quest To Be The Favorite Sport Of Douchebags
- Three Bizarre Sports From The Commonwealth Games
- Judge Rules Against Donald Sterling, Allows Sale Of Clippers To Steve Ballmer
- Point-Counterpoint: David Ortiz's Showboating Bat Flip Vs. The Rays
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Here’s A Video Of Aaron Hernandez Talking With Maria Menounos About Being A Role Model
Two months ago, in LA:
The Grove is Extra‘s home away from home in Los Angeles, and they’ve done many interviews there. This past April Maria Menounos scored a talk with one Aaron Hernandez (Hernandez was announcing a deal to promote Puma athletic gear), and the discussion centered on how Hernandez was a role model for the Hispanic community. Hernandez is of Puerto Rican, Italian and Irish descent.
“Um, I just try to be a role model. And when I see Hispanics who look up to me, I try to lead them in the right direction. And hopefully it gives a lot of Hispanics out there the drive to be successful, ’cause there’s not that many Hispanics in the NFL, and it’s an honor to be there.”
That interview occurred just two months ago, which makes it downright chilling. But more so sad, because Hernandez is right about one thing. There aren’t many Hispanics in the NFL. And he was a role model.
Photo via The Hot Route.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts