- NFL Week 15 Power Rankings: The Seahawks Are Still In First
- ESPN Staffers Do Impressions Of Dickie V For His 35-Year Anniversary
- KC TV Sports Anchor Pretty Clearly Calls KU The 'Gayhawks', Now Claims He Didn't Say It
- Fantasy NBA: Kobe Is Back, Plus Gay-Vasquez Trade Reaction
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
Here’s A Video Of Aaron Hernandez Talking With Maria Menounos About Being A Role Model
Two months ago, in LA:
The Grove is Extra‘s home away from home in Los Angeles, and they’ve done many interviews there. This past April Maria Menounos scored a talk with one Aaron Hernandez (Hernandez was announcing a deal to promote Puma athletic gear), and the discussion centered on how Hernandez was a role model for the Hispanic community. Hernandez is of Puerto Rican, Italian and Irish descent.
“Um, I just try to be a role model. And when I see Hispanics who look up to me, I try to lead them in the right direction. And hopefully it gives a lot of Hispanics out there the drive to be successful, ’cause there’s not that many Hispanics in the NFL, and it’s an honor to be there.”
That interview occurred just two months ago, which makes it downright chilling. But more so sad, because Hernandez is right about one thing. There aren’t many Hispanics in the NFL. And he was a role model.
Photo via The Hot Route.
- Hopkins Boxes And Battles Murat To Unanimous Decision
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever
- 24 Hilariously Unfortunate Names In Sports
- Top 5 Reasons the New York Giants Suck