- Cam Newton To Jerricho Cotchery, The Panthers' Sleeper Connection
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Johnny Who? Texas A&M Cruises Against South Carolina
- Backup RB Roundup: Carlos Hyde, Devonta Freeman, Knowshon Moreno
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
He’s Back (Maybe) … 49ers Activate Aldon Smith; Likely To Play In Two Weeks
Busy week for Aldon Smith: on Tuesday he turned himself in to Santa Clara County authorities and posted $75,000 bail on weapons possession charges. And today KNBR Radio announced on Twitter that the 49ers have activated Smith, taking him off the non-football injury list. CSN Bay Area:
He is now scheduled to appear in court on back-to-back Tuesdays, to face felony weapons charges on Nov. 12 and misdemeanor DUI charges on Nov. 19.
The self-surrendering was part of the arrangement Smith made with Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen, NBC Bay Area reported, when he was charged with possession of illegal assault weapons on Oct. 9. Smith took a voluntary leave of absence from the 49ers and entered in-patient treatment on Sept. 23, three days after his arrest on suspicion of DUI.
Even though Smith faces a bunch of court dates in the near future, along with possible punishment by the NFL, it’s looking like he may play against the Panthers when the 49ers come back from their bye week on Nov. 10.
Smith leads the 49ers in sacks with 4.5 even though he’s played in only three of their eight games.
- Filed Under:
- Aldon Smith
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts