- To Be Fair, 31 NFL Teams Probably Agree With Tony Dungy's Take On Michael Sam
- New And Rumored NBA Uniforms For The 2014-15 Season
- Does FIFA Have The Balls To Revoke Russia's 2018 World Cup And Give It To A More Deserving Host?
- NFL Rookies Predict/React To Their Madden 15 Ratings
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
He’s Back (Maybe) … 49ers Activate Aldon Smith; Likely To Play In Two Weeks
Busy week for Aldon Smith: on Tuesday he turned himself in to Santa Clara County authorities and posted $75,000 bail on weapons possession charges. And today KNBR Radio announced on Twitter that the 49ers have activated Smith, taking him off the non-football injury list. CSN Bay Area:
He is now scheduled to appear in court on back-to-back Tuesdays, to face felony weapons charges on Nov. 12 and misdemeanor DUI charges on Nov. 19.
The self-surrendering was part of the arrangement Smith made with Santa Clara County District Attorney Jeff Rosen, NBC Bay Area reported, when he was charged with possession of illegal assault weapons on Oct. 9. Smith took a voluntary leave of absence from the 49ers and entered in-patient treatment on Sept. 23, three days after his arrest on suspicion of DUI.
Even though Smith faces a bunch of court dates in the near future, along with possible punishment by the NFL, it’s looking like he may play against the Panthers when the 49ers come back from their bye week on Nov. 10.
Smith leads the 49ers in sacks with 4.5 even though he’s played in only three of their eight games.
- Filed Under:
- Aldon Smith
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- The 10 Biggest NBA Draft Busts Ever
- Patriots Cheerleaders Enjoy Swimsuit Calendar Shoot in Cancun