- IS CLIFF LEE DONE?: MLB Trade Deadline Deals, Injuries, Tidbits And Trends
- Golfer Dustin Johnson Suspended Six Months For Positive Cocaine Test
- Jonny Gomes' Last Words As A Member Of The Red Sox: 'Boston Strong'
- Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Upset Puts Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Hockey Player Does Hockey Thing, Takes Puck To The Face And Doesn’t Miss A Shift
Hockey players lay out to block shots sometimes, because placing your body in front of fast-moving vulcanized rubber is a thing to do in hockey. When Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings wound up for a slap shot in the second period last night, Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche decided to sacrifice his body for the greater good. Too bad the puck hit him in the chin.
But Duchene plays hockey, and hockey players are Tough, so he ambled back onto the ice 13 seconds later for his next shift. Oh and that picture above of Duchene, that’s from after the game – when doctors cleaned him up and gave him a measly 19 stitches. Taylor Hall is not impressed.
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Fighting Hotties Land on Maxim's Hot 100 List
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen
- Chael Sonnen Receives 2-Year Suspension