- 49ers Tight End Engaged To Miss Hooters 2009, Is Winning At Life
- Watch This Girl Masterfully Lip-Sync The Commentary Of The Now Famous Iron Bowl Return Play
- Who Deserves The Heisman More: Jameis Winston Or 'Red Lightning'?
- Bill Belichick Took Some Time Out Of His Day To Rip The Jets, Just Because
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Hockey Player Does Hockey Thing, Takes Puck To The Face And Doesn’t Miss A Shift
Hockey players lay out to block shots sometimes, because placing your body in front of fast-moving vulcanized rubber is a thing to do in hockey. When Drew Doughty of the Los Angeles Kings wound up for a slap shot in the second period last night, Matt Duchene of the Colorado Avalanche decided to sacrifice his body for the greater good. Too bad the puck hit him in the chin.
But Duchene plays hockey, and hockey players are Tough, so he ambled back onto the ice 13 seconds later for his next shift. Oh and that picture above of Duchene, that’s from after the game – when doctors cleaned him up and gave him a measly 19 stitches. Taylor Hall is not impressed.
- How Bradley Beat Marquez By Split Decision
- A Long, Painful Journey From Pacquiao To Marquez
- Holly Holm Takes Nikki Knudsen Down
- Best Japanese Knockout Artist Coming To UFC