- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
How Does Your Team Rank On The NFL Player Arrests Chart?
Having trouble keeping track of all the NFL players who have been arrested lately? Sure, we all are. According to the Elias Sports Bureau, there have been 29 NFL players arrested since the Super Bowl — a staggering number for a five-month span … and for a five-year span, actually.
But which teams have the most offenders? A Reddit user from Germany, Mario Wolf, crunched some stats and came up with some interesting data visualization, which we show you via Business Insider. He tracked the number of NFL arrests since 2000 (most of them by Pacman Jones), and charted and graphed the hell out of them. Of course most were by Pacman Jones, spread over several teams. I found the one below to be the most colorful, which means that it must be important. And actually it is informative.
Our winner? Of course it’s the Bengals and Vikings, in a dead heat with 40 arrests each since 2000.
— Digg (@digg) June 28, 2013
The Houston Texans and St. Louis Rams have the least, with nine each. And even though they dominate the crime news this week, New England “only” has 15, ranking the Patriots tied for 23rd, with Dallas.
Latest Sketch: Rash of recent NFL arrests! pic.twitter.com/aDswVGyFb5
— Walt Handelsman (@Walt_Handelsman) June 28, 2013
OK, now let’s look at the arrests by position. Yep, cornerbacks. You’d think they’d be faster and more elusive.
Now, by division.
In my opinion the NFC West should receive home field advantage in the playoffs based on the above.
It should be noted that NFL arrests have actually declined since 2006: although the recent flurry of them have 2013 looking to make a comeback.
And of course no study on NFL arrests would be complete without citing the obvious (citation needed):
— Dexter's Library (@Dexters_Library) June 28, 2013
NFL Arrest Database [San Diego Union-Tribune]
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- Andre Ward Dares To Confront Golovkin
- Extreme Cliff Diving For The Insane