- The World Cup Draw Host Was A Brazilian Actress/Model That Looks Like This
- What If The NFL's Best QBs Were Bald?
- SportsGrid's "Off The Grid" Podcast: Collegehumor's Dave Rosenberg
- SLIDESHOW: American Soccer Star Sydney Leroux's 23 Sexiest Instagram Photos
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
In Very Cleveland News, Browns QB Brian Hoyer May Have A Torn ACL [UPDATE: Yep, He Does]
Being a Browns fan isn’t easy (says a guy who isn’t a Browns fan). It appears that even when there’s a silver lining (playing well since the Trent Richardson trade) to the cloud (generally not being very good), there is another, smaller cloud inside that silver lining (feel-good story Brian Hoyer is out with what could be a torn ACL).
That’s right: Even though the Browns have moved into first place in the AFC North by beating the Bills 37-24 last night, Brian Hoyer could be out for the year after this poor slide in the first quarter (via gifdsports):
Depending on what publications you read, Hoyer either has a sprained knee (with an MRI later today to confirm) or a torn ACL, which would be devastating for the guy and perhaps the team. Hoyer had thrown five touchdowns (against three picks) in two games for the Browns and was from nearby North Olmsted, OH. While Weeden played well in his return to the field, he had clearly lost the job outright to Hoyer before the hometown kid went down.
So, Cleveland, congrats on the win. But sorry for your loss. But maybe there’s hope? But probably, there’s not.
[Update: Torn ACL. Done for the year. Sorry, those of you who like nice stories.]
- Brett Favre to Come Back 1 More Time
- Rios: My Punch Will Change Pacquiao's Mind
- The Best Light Heavyweights Ever
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab