- Madden 15 Player Ratings: Top 5 DTs And The Top 6 DEs
- Geno Smith Thinks He'll Be A Top Five QB, Sources Confirm He's Delusional
- MMA Fighter/Gas Station Clerk Rains Punches On Would-Be Robbers (VIDEO)
- Will Fantasy Players Take A Stand Against Ray Rice This Year?
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
In Which John Madden And Steve Mariucci Play Bocce Ball With Nuns, And Other Curious Happenings
Not only did you not know that the John Madden-Steve Mariucci Charity Bocce Tournament was a thing, but you didn’t know that it’s 15 years old. Yep, the event, started in 1999 when Mariucci was head coach the the 49ers, was held in Livermore, CA, on Wednesday, and amongthe teams to compete was one comprised of nuns.
The tournament has raised more than $3.5 million for local and national charities over the years, and annually includes several current and ex-49ers, Raiders, A’s and Giants.
Also, below please see a photo from the 2012 event: former A’s and Giants pitcher Vida Blue along with Giants Senior Vice President of Revenue Mario Alioto and Giants Senior Vice President of Facilities Alfonso Felder, all wearing Melky Cabrera “Melk Men” uniforms. This was a couple of months before the steroids story broke. Doesn’t seem so stylish now.
Photos: Dan Honda, Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group.
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Have You Seen Colin Kaepernick's New Tattoo?
- Brett Favre Shows Off His Bulging Muscles