- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Did Gilbert Arenas Win $100,000 Betting On 'His' Washington Wizards?
- This Is Why You Should Always Give A Foul Ball To A Kid (VIDEO)
- The Indiana Pacers And Their Fans Deserve Each Other
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
In Which John Madden And Steve Mariucci Play Bocce Ball With Nuns, And Other Curious Happenings
Not only did you not know that the John Madden-Steve Mariucci Charity Bocce Tournament was a thing, but you didn’t know that it’s 15 years old. Yep, the event, started in 1999 when Mariucci was head coach the the 49ers, was held in Livermore, CA, on Wednesday, and amongthe teams to compete was one comprised of nuns.
The tournament has raised more than $3.5 million for local and national charities over the years, and annually includes several current and ex-49ers, Raiders, A’s and Giants.
Also, below please see a photo from the 2012 event: former A’s and Giants pitcher Vida Blue along with Giants Senior Vice President of Revenue Mario Alioto and Giants Senior Vice President of Facilities Alfonso Felder, all wearing Melky Cabrera “Melk Men” uniforms. This was a couple of months before the steroids story broke. Doesn’t seem so stylish now.
Photos: Dan Honda, Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story