- Jerry Buss, You Will Be Remembered By This Dope L.A. Mansion
- Week 15: Fantasy Football FLEX Rankings: Start Or Sit Your Risky Players?
- This Is How Gary Payton Does The Highlights
- SportsGrid's Week 15 NFL Pick$: Last Week Was Absurdly Profitable
- Former Rutgers Player Sues Over Ex-Basketball Coach Rice's Behavior
In Which John Madden And Steve Mariucci Play Bocce Ball With Nuns, And Other Curious Happenings
Not only did you not know that the John Madden-Steve Mariucci Charity Bocce Tournament was a thing, but you didn’t know that it’s 15 years old. Yep, the event, started in 1999 when Mariucci was head coach the the 49ers, was held in Livermore, CA, on Wednesday, and amongthe teams to compete was one comprised of nuns.
The tournament has raised more than $3.5 million for local and national charities over the years, and annually includes several current and ex-49ers, Raiders, A’s and Giants.
Also, below please see a photo from the 2012 event: former A’s and Giants pitcher Vida Blue along with Giants Senior Vice President of Revenue Mario Alioto and Giants Senior Vice President of Facilities Alfonso Felder, all wearing Melky Cabrera “Melk Men” uniforms. This was a couple of months before the steroids story broke. Doesn’t seem so stylish now.
Photos: Dan Honda, Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group.
- Hottest Wives/Girlfriends in Sports!
- 5 Fantasy Basketball Sleepers You Must Grab
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats