- Power Ranking The Most Offensive Team Names In Sports History
- How Early Can You Draft The Legion Of Boom This Year?
- Kirk Minihane Doubles Down On Being An Asshole To Erin Andrews In On-Air Pseudo-Apology
- Niners Fan Eats It After Getting Juked By Seahawks Mascot
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
In Which John Madden And Steve Mariucci Play Bocce Ball With Nuns, And Other Curious Happenings
Not only did you not know that the John Madden-Steve Mariucci Charity Bocce Tournament was a thing, but you didn’t know that it’s 15 years old. Yep, the event, started in 1999 when Mariucci was head coach the the 49ers, was held in Livermore, CA, on Wednesday, and amongthe teams to compete was one comprised of nuns.
The tournament has raised more than $3.5 million for local and national charities over the years, and annually includes several current and ex-49ers, Raiders, A’s and Giants.
Also, below please see a photo from the 2012 event: former A’s and Giants pitcher Vida Blue along with Giants Senior Vice President of Revenue Mario Alioto and Giants Senior Vice President of Facilities Alfonso Felder, all wearing Melky Cabrera “Melk Men” uniforms. This was a couple of months before the steroids story broke. Doesn’t seem so stylish now.
Photos: Dan Honda, Anda Chu/Bay Area News Group.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts