- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
IMPORTANT: Jay Cutler Did Not Propose Via A Ring Through The Mail, Says Jay Cutler’s Fiancee
It was too perfect. The story of Jay “DOOOONNNNTTTTTT CAAAAAARRRREEEEEE” Cutler (re-)proposing to fiancee Kristin Cavallari by sending a ring through the mail? It couldn’t be. It was some sort of fever dream, imagined collectively by NFL fans so that they’d have a new reason to dump on Jay Cutler all the time. Was this too-perfectly-in-line-with-the-general-0public-perception-of-Jay-Cutler-for-words story the real deal? Well… no, said Cavallari:
Stop bashing jay. He proposed in Cabo. Stop believing headlines…u have no clue. They take 1 piece of an interview to get ppl talking.
— Kristin Cavallari (@KristinCav) February 7, 2013
Well… that sounds different from the E! story. The story that was based on Cavallari’s own words to them. What were those words again?
“It was so silly. I was in the airport, leaving Chicago. We had just spent however many days together and we were texting and somehow it came up, like, ‘Oh, shall we get married?’ We’re like, ‘Yeah, OK.’ And then he sent my ring in the mail. So I actually had my ring sitting at home for a couple of weeks before I put it on.”
Huh. Wait… maybe he was in Cabo when he sent the ring by mail! That way both versions of the story are right! Or… wait, they were engaged at one point before the most recent proposal – maybe he proposed in Cabo then! Or wait: maybe we’re spending too much energy trying to break this down and those who suspect that this is a not-especially-subtle way to promote an upcoming E! special in which she’s featured (the same one, seemingly, in which she gave that interview with the ring-through-the-mail story… you know, the one she said not to believe later) are correct! Or maybe she said all she needed to say before the ring-in-mail story. How did that quote start again?
“It was so silly.”
Sounds about right.
Getty photo, by Frederick M. Brown
- Why Is The Featherweight Division In Trouble?
- Carmelo Anthony Is 'Magnetic,' According To His Shirt
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs