- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Jets Fan Pays $820 For Mark Sanchez Butt Fumble Jersey
And that’s a bargain, in my opinion. For this is the jersey that defined an era. When all is said and done, who really will remember Richard Sherman’s play in the end zone in the Super Bowl, or Peyton Manning’s record-breaking 2013? They’ll remember Mark Sanchez’s butt-fumble — Nov. 22, 2012.
Sanchez is no longer a Jet.
One brave man, a man with foresight and $820 bucks, realizes this. ESPN:
Jake Hendrickson, who lives in California, noticed the jersey was posted on the NFL auctions website last week and set his alarm on his calendar so he could try to ensure he was the highest bidder.
“The second I realized what it was I knew I had to have it. Almost for macabre reasons; the amount of ridicule I have received from friends regarding that play and me being a diehard Jets fan out in California especially,” Hendrickson told Yahoo! Sports. “There’s no way I could let it get in the hands of an anti-fan or something of that manner to be shoved in our face.”
A true hero.
Hendrickson’s strategy? Once he found that there were only a handful of people bidding against him in the NFL.com auction, he raised each bid (in the $5 range) by $100. “To show them I meant business,” he said.
- Filed Under:
- Butt Fumble
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead