- Iowa State Fans Mock Marcus Smart With Coordinated Mass Flopping Routine (Genius)
- Johnny Weir And Tara Lapinski Commentate 30 Rock's Lunchtime Free Skate
- How Does Lionel Messi's On-Field Vomit Attack Stack Up Against The 7 Grossest Puke Vids In Sports History?
- Everybody Is Hating On The NBA's Sleeved Jerseys
- Florida Basketball 'Chasing Greatness' In The Season's Stretch Run
Jets Hard Knocks Recap, Watch The First Seven Minutes Here (Video)
HBO aired its preview of Hard Knocks: Training Camp With The New York Jets last night, and, as you might expect, the series projects to be an interesting one, one filled with drama, lofty expectations, swagger, and, thankfully, a whole lot of Rex Ryan.
In truth–and as was made clear during the preview–one could not ask for a more entertaining team to take on the national spotlight; Rex Ryan and the Jets, after all, have been one of the most vocal, self-confident and oracular groups in the NFL (especially Ryan), and, moreover, in light of the team’s hyperactive offseason, the Jets also make for one of the most intriguing teams on paper heading into the regular season.
Jets owner Woody Johnson put the Jets’ situation best in the preview:
“There’s no other team in the league right now that’s more interesting than the New York Jets.”
The Jets players and coaches also appear to be aware of this fact, and if one were to extract a theme from the preview, it would be that the common sentiment heading into training camp is that 2010 will be the Jets’ year.
Here are some Super-Bowl-related quotes from Jets players in the preview:
“You don’t want to say Super Bowl or bust, but it just might be.” — OLB Jason Taylor
“The expectations [are] high. And I know its a lot of predictions this year from the offseason acquisitions we got, but right now we paper champs.” — CB Darrelle Revis (whose status for training camp is actually in question due to a contract dispute)
“I know it’s been 42 years now since this football team won the Super Bowl but I look at it, we are so close.” — Coach Rex Ryan (who was oozing with confidence throughout the preview and appeared to be chomping at the bit at the opportunity to promote the Jets for 5 weeks)
Whether or not the Jets will be as good as they think they are remains to be seen. But what is for certain is that, starting August 11th, the New York Jets will certainly make for some great television.
- Which Golfer Has This Sick California Mansion?
- Cavaliers' Andrew Bynum Suspended For Scandalous Affair?!
- Real Basketball Wives That Cheated On Their Ballers
- Rare Photos of The Undertaker as a Teenager