- NFL WEEK 5 POWER RANKINGS: Stop The Madness, Please
- The NFL Will Never Solve Its Concussion Problem
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 5 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Twitter Reacts To Tom Brady's Worst Game Ever
- Reggie Bush's Comments On Disciplining Daughter Could Prompt Investigation
Jets Pick Geno Smith, Are Now Infested With Quarterbacks
They took heat for playing Mark Sanchez. They took heat for not playing Tim Tebow. So now Rex Ryan is going to fix the Jets’ quarterback problem in straightforward fashion: he’s going to throw dozens of them against the wall and see if one sticks.
Actually Ryan only has six quarterbacks on the roster right now. But that’s still a lot. New York drafted Geno Smith today with the 39th pick in the second round of the NFL Draft, and their QB depth chart now looks something like this:
Expect Smith to rise dramatically the minute he steps onto the practice field. Expect Sanchez, who will make $8.25 million this season (or $82.5 million, according to USA Today) to be the opening-week starter, because he who ruins the salary cap, gets to start. Otherwise, it’s the Hunger Games at Jets camp.
What we can say pretty much for sure is that this is the end of Tebowmania, at least in the U.S.
Smith’s quote to ESPN after being chosen: “I have to thank God for this.”
Don’t you mean, “blame”?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts