- Hot Reporter Is Fed Up With Cyclists Videobombing Her Live Segments
- Get Ready For A Kevin Love Trade To The Cavaliers... In 24 Days
- 5 Places To Track MLB Trade Deadline
- Bridgeport Bluefish Fans Nix Plans For Jersey With Nipples
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Jets Pick Geno Smith, Are Now Infested With Quarterbacks
They took heat for playing Mark Sanchez. They took heat for not playing Tim Tebow. So now Rex Ryan is going to fix the Jets’ quarterback problem in straightforward fashion: he’s going to throw dozens of them against the wall and see if one sticks.
Actually Ryan only has six quarterbacks on the roster right now. But that’s still a lot. New York drafted Geno Smith today with the 39th pick in the second round of the NFL Draft, and their QB depth chart now looks something like this:
Expect Smith to rise dramatically the minute he steps onto the practice field. Expect Sanchez, who will make $8.25 million this season (or $82.5 million, according to USA Today) to be the opening-week starter, because he who ruins the salary cap, gets to start. Otherwise, it’s the Hunger Games at Jets camp.
What we can say pretty much for sure is that this is the end of Tebowmania, at least in the U.S.
Smith’s quote to ESPN after being chosen: “I have to thank God for this.”
Don’t you mean, “blame”?
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts