- This Is The Week That Was: It's Sportscrap For Sunday, Sept. 14
- RGIII Is Injured Again ... DeSean Jackson Also Hurt (With Updates)
- Dan Snyder: NFL 'Fortunate' To Have Roger Goodell As Commissioner
- NBA 2K15 News: Put Any Player From Any Era On Any Team For Any Reason
- Manning, Elway Dispute Suggestion That Wes Welker's Suspension Was A Shocker
Joe Flacco Calls A Cold Weather Super Bowl “Retarded”
We don’t know whether or not Joe Flacco and the Ravens will win Super Bowl XLVII this Sunday, but don’t expect him to be happy if he makes a repeat performance in the big game in 2014, which takes place in the cold swamps of Jersey.
“Yeah, I think it’s retarded,” Flacco said at his Super Bowl press gathering Monday.
Flacco was responding to a question about what he thought about Super Bowls being played in cold-weather locales. The fact that MetLife stadium is hosting Super Bowl XLVII certainly didn’t make him happy, but that the Denver Broncos submitted a bid to host the Super Bowl in either 2018, 2019 or 2020 pretty much just set him off the deep end. That’s one way to react.
“I probably shouldn’t say that. I think it’s stupid. If you want a Super Bowl, put a retractable dome on your stadium. Then you can get one. Other than that I don’t really like the idea. I don’t think people would react very well to it, or be glad to play anybody in that kind of weather.”
So it’s not retarded, it’s just stupid. Got it.
[Denver Post, Getty Images]
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead
- B.J. Penn Was Called "The Prodigy" for a Reason
- Jets Unsuccessfully Attempt to Convince Superfan to Return to Games
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy