- Team USA Stares Blankly As New Zealand Team Performs Ceremonial Haka Dance
- Fantasy Football: Week 1 QB Rankings, Starts And Sleepers
- Derek Carr Avenges His Brother's NFL Death By Replacing Matt Schaub As Raiders QB
- Calif. High School Dumps Arab Mascot 'The Arab' Amid Outcry
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Report: Browns Cornerback Joe Haden Tested Positive For Adderall, Faces Suspension
Quick, someone do a trend piece, because every athlete in America is getting high on study drugs!
A day after NASCAR driver A. J. Allmendinger revealed he’d failed a drug test (and been subsequently suspended) for taking the ADHD drug Adderall, ESPN Cleveland is reporting that Browns cornerback Joe Haden has tested positive for it as well. This comes on the heels of Giants safety Tyler Sash’s four-game suspension for Adderall use.
So, is there an epidemic here? Well, no, because three professional athletes out of possibly thousands doesn’t constitute an “epidemic,” and in Sash’s case, he actually had a prescription for the drug to help combat anxiety issues with public speaking (why the NFL upheld the suspension after Sash appealed, I’m not entirely sure).
In Allmendinger’s case, he says he was given the drug by a friend, and told it was a “workout supplement.”
We don’t know if Haden a) had a prescription, or b) knew what he was taking. Nevertheless, it sounds likely that he’ll miss the first four games of the season:
According to sources, Haden has been notified that he tested positive. Under terms of the league policy, a positive test results in a second test from the original sample. If that shows up positive as well, Haden would be suspended for the first four games of the regular season.
Haden can appeal. If upheld, the suspension would cost Haden four game checks. In his case, that would amount to more than $1.356 million.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Teila Tuli Heartbroken 20 Years After UFC
- Cheerleader Dances Through Laughable Wardrobe Mishap
- Dana White Speaks On Firing Chael Sonnen