- Sorry Warriors Fans, But Plans For This New Waterfront Arena Have Been Scrapped
- Drake Lint-Rolling During Nets-Raptors Game Is The Most Drake Thing Ever
- Hate LeBron? You're Copying This Guy, Who's Hated The King Since He Was Born
- Arkansas Has A New Logo That Looks Like Pumbaa From The Lion King
- Notre Dame's Everett Golson Excited To Return After 2013 Suspension
This Tweet, Apparently From Joe Theismann, About Donte’ Stallworth Was…Regrettable
Donte Stallworth will suit up for the Redskins in 2011. Stallworth hardly did anything for the Ravens last year, but that didn’t deter former Redskins quarterback/(widely derided) NFL analyst Joe Theismann from thinking that if only Stallworth can remain healthy this season. The Redskins might have a steal. Unfortunately, Theismann expressed this view via Twitter, and the way he did so left something to be desired:
Hope Donte has a healthy yr. Could b DUI. maker
OK, first off, Theismann’s account is not verified, but when the same account tweeted about Theismann’s employment status with NFL Network earlier this year, it was treated as coming from Theismann (the information relayed was indeed correct). And if this really was Theismann…here, of course, is why this was a regrettable error.
Well…Theismann said it was an error, at least:
I meant could b difference maker
Needless to say, not everyone saw his original tweet and assumed an honest mistake…one reason being the significant gap between “DUI” and “difference” (or even “diff,” if that’s what Theismann was going for). Theismann continued trying to make amends, but the damage was done – no matter the medium, Joe Theismann just can’t stop saying ill-advised things.
- Sugar Ray Leonard Touts Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Success
- Abdusalamov's Family Sues NYAC For $100 Million
- Marcos Maidana Gets Ready for Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Cassius Clay vs. Sonny Liston: The Real Story