- This Butt-Check In Last Night's Sharks-Kings Game Was A Lot More Violent Than The Butt-Fumble
- Tony Allen Set A New Low For Egregriously And Horribly Flopping
- Scott Engel's One On One: The Entrepreneur-Catcher John Buck
- Is This The Saddest Sports GIF Ever?
- Injured Steelers Tight End Heath Miller Is Improving, But Cautious
Jon Stewart On Hank Williams Jr. Controversy: “So What?”
On the heels of the nutty interview Hank Williams Jr. did a couple days ago on Fox News’ Fox and Friends, there was some backlash – ESPN pulled his theme from Monday night’s telecast, for example. But in some corners, there was a different, perhaps more surprising, reaction: sympathy for Williams. Mediaite’s Tommy Christopher offered this up yesterday, and last night, Jon Stewart came to Williams’ defense on The Daily Show, essentially saying: what’d you expect out of this guy?
Stewart saved his criticism for a more familiar target of his: Fox and Friends itself, saying that asking Williams about politics at all contradicted a point they’d made earlier in their own show. And it is worth asking why the hell Williams was being asked about politics at all (unless they knew he’d say something crazy and did it to get attention, which, if so: well done).
Stewart, ever helpful, even had a couple suggestions: one, an alternate punishment ESPN could have handed down to Williams (it involves soccer), plus an alternate MNF theme if Williams’ personality proved too much to handle. Video below of Stewart’s comments, via Mediaite.
Oh, and Stewart’s late-night Comedy Central counterpart Stephen Colbert weighed in too. Unsurprisingly, he was lost without Hank Jr.’s voice guiding him:
- Clippers Internal Tension Was an Act
- Will Roy Hibbert Realize His Potential
- Did Lebron Have a Lovechild With This Newscaster?
- 15 Hottest Daughters of Professional Athletes