- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 QB Rankings, Starts & Sleepers
- Hunter Pence Making World More Educated, One Library Book At A Time
- Your Comprehensive Guide To Giants-Royals World Series Intangibles
- KICKERS HAVE ALL THE FUN: Pornstar Tells Excellent Sebastian Janikowski Story
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Josh Brent Barred From Cowboys’ Sideline After Bizarre Appearance On Sunday
Two weeks ago, Josh Brent was charged with intoxication manslaughter after the car he was driving crashed and killed his passenger, teammate and best friend Jerry Brown. Brent’s blood alcohol level that night was .18, which is more than double the legal limit.
After his arrest, Brent was released on $500,000 bail and, in an amazing act of humanity, was welcomed to Brown’s funeral by Brown’s mother, Stacy Jackson. Jackson reportedly urged Brent’s teammates to try to make him feel like he was still a part of the Cowboys (he’s been placed on the reserve/non-football injury list) and as a result, on Sunday, at his teammates’ urging, Brent was on the Dallas sideline wearing a team hoodie and t-shirt.
If you’re thinking the image of a guy who’s responsible for the death of a team member being seen on the sideline in that team’s apparel was a weird one, congratulations, you’re in possession of a normal amount of emotional intelligence.
Brent himself was reportedly reluctant to make the trip, and that reluctance was well-founded.
He was driven by a teammate on injured reserve who told Brent that all of his teammates wanted him to be there. Once Brent became aware that his presence was sparking a national debate, he left Cowboys Stadium in the third quarter.
The national debate in question took place on Twitter, and this tweet from CBS studio host and WFAN radio personality Boomer Esiason pretty much sums it up:
Am I the only one that is wondering what in the world the Cowboys are thinking with Josh Brent on the sideline?
Neither Jerry Jones nor Jason Garrett were aware Brent was coming — Garrett found out during pregame warmups, and Jones learned of Brent’s presence from seeing him on TV (that was probably fun, seeing that).
Brent’s been informed he’s no longer welcome on the sideline by the team. Give him credit for taking off in the third quarter.
- 10 Sexiest Female Tennis Players Ever
- Brutal Photos: Manny Pacquiao And Chris Algieri Shanghai
- Jack White Throws Out Saddest First Pitch Ever
- 10 Hottest Moms in the Sports World