- Jason Whitlock Explains Why The Seahawks Might Think Russell Wilson 'Isn't Black Enough'
- The Good, The Bad, And The Unsettling About Kevin Love's Role On The New-Look Cavs
- Royals Tried To Bribe 'Marlins Man' To Move From Seat Behind Home Plate, Failed
- FANTASY FOOTBALL: Week 8 FLEX Rankings, Starts & Sits
- Browns Offensive Line Using Smarts, Scheme To Pave Way To Solid Start
Justin Blackmon, Who Started The Season With A Four-Game Suspension, Has Been Suspended Indefinitely
Remember when Justin Blackmon was one of the only good things about the Jacksonsville Jaguars, despite the fact that he started this season with a four game suspension due to violating the league’s substance abuse policy?
Well, so much for that. He’s out for the foreseeable future.
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:
Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.
Blackmon’s suspension begins immediately. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement prior to the start of the 2014 season.
And here’s a statement from team GM David Caldwell:
“All of us who are a part of the Jaguars family care very deeply about Justin and his well-being. That said, he must be held accountable and accept the consequences announced today by the NFL. His suspension will provide him the opportunity to receive the attention and professional treatment necessary to overcome his challenges, and we will support him during this time. The Jacksonville Jaguars will evaluate Justin’s status once he has successfully met the criteria to be considered for reinstatement to the league.”
This must have been some bye week for Blackmon. He’ll finish the year having played four games, with 415 yards and a touchdown to his name.
So, yeah, you can probably drop him from your fantasy team.
Photo via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Justin Blackmon
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts