- People Still Love Buying The Jersey Of The Browns' Backup Quarterback, For Some Reason
- SportsGrid's 2014 Pre-Camp NFL Power Rankings And Bold-Ass Predictions
- While Derek Jeter Gets #RE2PECT, Alex Rodriguez Gets A Whole Lot Of #F13K Yous
- Dutch Cyclist Claims He Switched Off Of Both Doomed Malaysian Airlines Flights
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Justin Blackmon, Who Started The Season With A Four-Game Suspension, Has Been Suspended Indefinitely
Remember when Justin Blackmon was one of the only good things about the Jacksonsville Jaguars, despite the fact that he started this season with a four game suspension due to violating the league’s substance abuse policy?
Well, so much for that. He’s out for the foreseeable future.
STATEMENT BY AN NFL SPOKESPERSON:
Justin Blackmon of the Jacksonville Jaguars has been suspended indefinitely without pay for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.
Blackmon’s suspension begins immediately. He will be eligible to apply for reinstatement prior to the start of the 2014 season.
And here’s a statement from team GM David Caldwell:
“All of us who are a part of the Jaguars family care very deeply about Justin and his well-being. That said, he must be held accountable and accept the consequences announced today by the NFL. His suspension will provide him the opportunity to receive the attention and professional treatment necessary to overcome his challenges, and we will support him during this time. The Jacksonville Jaguars will evaluate Justin’s status once he has successfully met the criteria to be considered for reinstatement to the league.”
This must have been some bye week for Blackmon. He’ll finish the year having played four games, with 415 yards and a touchdown to his name.
So, yeah, you can probably drop him from your fantasy team.
Photo via Getty
- Filed Under:
- Justin Blackmon
- Savage Punishment for Laying Hands on Referee
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'