- You Can Rent Rory McIlroy's Former Northern Ireland Mansion/Golf Course
- Angels' SP Garrett Richards Out For Season
- Sleepers Or Snoozers: Fantasy Football Breakout Candidates
- Does Johnny Manziel Have The Maturity To Succeed?
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Chiefs’ Nose Tackle Dontari Poe Quit Barbecue To Lose Weight, Is A Stronger Soul Than You
Dontari Poe is a nose tackle for the Kansas City Chiefs, a man known for being a combine wonder, current bust, and make-out partner of Roger Goodell. But he’s trying to turn his career around, and he is taking drastic measures, not having a single bite of barbecue since last June. My goodness.
And that’s no small sacrifice for someone who is from Memphis and lives in Kansas City, two of the barbecue capitals of the world.
“It might be the hardest thing I’ve had to do since I’ve been here,” said Poe, the Chiefs’ first-round draft pick in 2012…
How does one fill a diet without barbecue?
“I eat a lot of eggs in the morning, eat a lot of protein, grilled chicken, grilled fish, stuff like that,” he said. “I’m trying to cut out the beef and the pork and stay away from the fried foods. And stay away from the barbecue.”
Consequently, he’s shed between 15 and 20 pounds and it’s shown on the field. Poe, 6 feet 3 and 335 pounds, has been near-unblockable during the first week of training camp.
Usually these gushy training-camp stories mean nothing, but this is somewhat significant, and if Poe breaks out, maybe the Chiefs aren’t actually Pretty Much Screwed. Mike Mayock also called Poe a “340-pound dancing bear.” That’s all I need to hear. Super Bowl, baby.
- Filed Under:
- Kansas City Chiefs
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts