- Your 'Sharknado 2' Roundup Post, With Link To Live Streaming, Updates, And The Best 'Sharknado 2' Tweets
- Football In San Antonio? Raiders Meet With City Officials, Eyeing A Move To Lone Star State
- Shocking Madden 15 Cornerback Rankings Put Sherman-Peterson Beef To Rest
- Fun With Baseball-Reference: These Dudes Actually Existed And Went By These Ridiculous Names
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Kyle Shanahan Chases Down Replacement Refs, Tells Them They’re “P-ssies” (Video)
Kyle Shanahan is
probably definitely going to get fined for this.
The Redskins offensive coordinator (and son of ‘Skins head coach Mike Shanahan) got into it with the replacement refs, chasing them down following Washington’s 38-31 home loss to the Bengals and delivering a very curt message.
That message, according to ESPN 980:
Per a source that saw/heard it, Kyle Shanahan chased a official down underneath & said “You have No f***ing balls, you r a f***ing p***y.”
The reason Kyle Shanahan called the replacement refs pussies is twofold. First, they botched a call late in the game. Football Insider breaks it down:
[On] first and 10 from the Cincinnati 19 and 29 seconds left, [Redskins quarterback Robert] Griffin was sacked for a 15-yard loss, and then on the next play spiked the ball to stop the clock with seven seconds remaining. On third and 25, tight end Fred Davis was called for a false start, and the referee announced that as penalty, there would be a 10-second runoff and that the game had ended.
There wouldn’t be a 10-second runoff, though, because the clock had already stopped on the previous play. As the Bengals flooded the field, the Redskins coaching staff — Kyle Shanahan included — explained this fact/berated the hell out of the officials. The refs then ruled that there would be no 10-second runoff, but there would be a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty assessed to the Redskins for the yelling: specifically, Kyle Shanahan’s yelling.
As a result, Washington had on last chance from their own 41, but a Robert Griffin III hail mary was deflected and fell harmlessly to the turf. So, after he had done some yellin’, Kyle Shanahan did some chasin’:
As a result, the league is now looking into the matter, and a fine is likely. The NFL issued a league-wide memo to try to curb the bullying of replacement refs by coaches, and chasing someone down and calling them a pussy would seem to run counter to this initiative.
Still, it’s not hard to see why these guys are getting treated so poorly. If your team just lost an NFL game, and a botched call from an under-qualified fill-in was (partly) the reason, you’re going to lose it. For Kyle Shanahan, “losing it” meant chasing down one of the replacement refs and informing him that he had no balls.
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts