- ESPN Is The Distraction, Not Michael Sam
- You're Drafting Rashad Jennings Way Too Late
- This Is Totally Your Year: An Overly Optimistic Preview Of The 2014-15 NFL Season
- The 13 Best Moments From Eli Manning's Epic Reddit AMA
- Tony Stewart: Kevin Ward Jr.'s Death Will Affect Me Forever
Did LaDainian Tomlinson Just Punch His Ticket Out Of New York With This Interview?
LaDainian Tomlinson recently sat down with Showtime’s Inside the NFL, and in addition to looking very analyst-y (like any forward-thinking 32-year-old running back, LT might be planting the seeds for a career after football), he sounded like a guy who was done in New York.
Tomlinson, who’s a free agent, blamed the recent Mark Sanchez/anonymous player kerfuffle on a Week 3 or 4 argument that was apparently kept under wraps at the time. That disconnect (Tomlinson didn’t identify the players involved, but he’s intimated before that Sanchez had issues with his receivers) is apparently what led to unnamed players on the Jets calling Sanchez “lazy” and “pampered.”
Also in the interview, which aired last night: Tomlinson, when asked about the atmosphere inside the the Jets locker room, said it was “as bad as I’ve ever been around, honestly.” Because LaDainian Tomlinson is LaDainian Tomlinson, however, you don’t feel like he’s throwing the Jets under the bus just to get attention. Things just sound like they’re bad in New York.
Video here, via Showtime.
- Michelle Nicolini Joins Legacy Fighting Championship
- Mayweather Wouldn't Want to Fight Ronda Rousey
- Arlovski Speaks up on Klitschko Brothers and UFC Return
- 'Harry Potter' Actor and MMA Fighter Found Dead