- Stephen A. Smith Goes Off On Steelers Running Backs For Their Weed Bust
- TBT: That Time The Super Bowl Halftime Show Was A Magician
- We Did A Terrible Job Lip Reading That Little League Coach's Moving Speech
- Holy Crap Ernie Johnson Does A Spot-On Shaq Impression
- Brett Favre Talks Returning To Green Bay, No Regrets About NFL Career
Lions’ Nate Burelson Suffers Broken Arm In Pizza-Related Car Wreck
Not only is Nate Burelson known for listing his elementary school on his Monday Night Football intro, now he’s the only NFL receiver to be sidelined with a pizza-related injury.
Burelson crashed his car and broke his arm in two places on Monday night, after being distracted when a pizza slid off the passenger seat. Burelson was wearing a seatbelt, and the pizza wasn’t, say police. Perhaps that should have been the other way around?
Brandon Lloyd is waiting by his phone. He is eating DiGiorno’s.
The Lions player was wearing a seatbelt and was transported to a local hospital for non-life-threatening injuries, a police statement said. According to his agent Ken Sarnoff, Burleson’s arm is broken in two places, and he will undergo surgery Tuesday afternoon.
Police said that alcohol was not a factor and no drug screen was administered because Burleson showed no signs of intoxication.
Burelson had six catches for 119 yards in Detroit’s 27-20 win over Washington on Sunday. He was returning from watching Monday Night Football with friends when the accident occurred.
Wow thoughts and prayers with my fallen teammate Nate Burleson wishing him a speedy recovery! Hate having to learn about this on ESPN
— Reggie Bush (@ReggieBush) September 24, 2013
Lions confirm Nate Burleson undergoing surgery today after suffering broken arm in one-car accident early this a.m.
— John Niyo (@JohnNiyo) September 24, 2013
- Filed Under:
- detroit lions
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts