- The Definitive Order Of Any Decent Fantasy First Round This Year
- Madden 15 Player Ratings: The Top 5 MLBs
- Peyton Manning Dancing To Bluegrass Is The Whitest Thing In The Universe
- Stephen A. Smith Issues Apology On Monday Morning's First Take
- Georgia's Todd Gurley Gunning For 2,000 Yards This Season
Here’s Something Creepy: Andrew Luck And Peyton Manning Both Have 2404 Passing Yards Through Eight Games
What if I were to tell you that Andrew Luck, the rookie quarterback who replaced Peyton Manning in Indianapolis amid much controversy and hoopla and veiled feelings of semi-betrayal, would have the same amount of passing yards and the same exact record as the Broncos new/old quarterback? You’d probably say, “Wow, that’s statistically unlikely, narratively convenient, and also a little bit creepy.” And you’d be right.
Through Week 9, NFL.com’s landing page for individual player stats looks like this.
Adding to the weirdness, Luck set a single-game rookie passing record yesterday, going for 433 against the Dolphins. The Colts are now 5-3, as are Manning’s Broncos.
For what it’s worth, the similarities end there. Luck has 13 total touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and a 79.0 passer rating, while Manning has 20 touchdowns (all through the air, obviously), 6 interceptions, and a passer rating of 108.6. But let’s get back to the narratively convenient stuff, because that’s much more fun to talk about: if the season ended today, Luck and Manning would play each other in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.
[h/t Redditor clownparade]
- New England Patriots Cheerleader's Final Auditions
- The Top 10 Hottest NFL Draft WAGs
- Steve Largent Shares Details of Letting Jerry Rice Wear No. 80
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy