- FANTASY FOOTBALL: NFL Week 9 Picks & Game Previews
- Belichick Not Impressed With Mike Golic's Bill Belichick Costume
- Andrew Luck Is A Top 5 Quarterback And Nobody's Impressed -- Why?
- Is A Kobe Bryant Trade On The Horizon? A Few Rumored Scenarios...
- Ace Jon Lester Makes Pitch For Young Pal Fighting Cancer
Here’s Something Creepy: Andrew Luck And Peyton Manning Both Have 2404 Passing Yards Through Eight Games
What if I were to tell you that Andrew Luck, the rookie quarterback who replaced Peyton Manning in Indianapolis amid much controversy and hoopla and veiled feelings of semi-betrayal, would have the same amount of passing yards and the same exact record as the Broncos new/old quarterback? You’d probably say, “Wow, that’s statistically unlikely, narratively convenient, and also a little bit creepy.” And you’d be right.
Through Week 9, NFL.com’s landing page for individual player stats looks like this.
Adding to the weirdness, Luck set a single-game rookie passing record yesterday, going for 433 against the Dolphins. The Colts are now 5-3, as are Manning’s Broncos.
For what it’s worth, the similarities end there. Luck has 13 total touchdowns, 8 interceptions, and a 79.0 passer rating, while Manning has 20 touchdowns (all through the air, obviously), 6 interceptions, and a passer rating of 108.6. But let’s get back to the narratively convenient stuff, because that’s much more fun to talk about: if the season ended today, Luck and Manning would play each other in the Wild Card round of the playoffs.
[h/t Redditor clownparade]
- Danica Patrick Says She's Sick of Being Sexy
- So What Does Bill Belichick Think About Weed?
- Deion Sanders: Johnny Manziel Has 'Ghetto Tendencies'
- The Top 10 Worst Yankee Contracts