- At Least The Alabama Kicker's Girlfriend Is Awfully Attractive
- Random White Guy Convinces China He's Roger Federer, Signs Countless Autographs
- The Muhammad Ali Vs. Michael Jordan Rap Battle
- Our NFL-Themed Ugly Christmas Sweaters Have Arrived
- Column: Because Of Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo For Golden Ball
Rex Ryan Names Mark Sanchez The Starter, Somehow We Still Care About Whoever QB No. 2 Will Be
At an 8:00 a.m. meeting with his team today, Jets head coach Rex Ryan announced that Mark Sanchez will be the starting quarterback for this week’s game against the Jacksonville Jaguars. It’s too bad for Greg McElroy, who threw a touchdown in his lone NFL appearance and led the team to a win after Sanchez faltered. And it’s too bad for McElroy’s mom, who probably would have been awake for the game.
But more troubling than the Jets’ remarkably sad quarterback controversy is the Jets’ even sadder No. 2 QB controversy. Yes, that is apparently a thing worth announcing.
“The next question becomes the No. 2 job. Ryan apparently isn’t ready to make that announcement. That will depend largely on Tebow’s health, according to a source.”
If the source is right, it would appear McElroy’s performance did absolutely nothing to win over Ryan, because Tim Tebow will reassume his important position as the team’s
sideshow No. 2 QB. Then again, this might be an important decision because it isn’t so far-fetched that Sanchez could get yanked again. But don’t expect Tebow or McElroy to take over the reins even if Sanchez is pulled, because Mark Sanchez is Rex Ryan’s starting quarterback, if you’ve forgotten.
- Weigh-in Has Alien, Short Cake, Kick-Ass Threats
- Cotto Crushes Rodriguez In Three Rounds
- Verlander and Kate Upton are an Item
- Smartest Fighter in UFC?